Believe in Me- Chapter 4: Murder in the Park

The rest of the journey was silent. Sherlock had tried to make convosation but Flora ignored him.
"Look, how many times do I have to apologise?" He pleaded as they walked through a field in Hyde park. "I told you I can't help it," he sighed and said as a last resort: "I'll be nicer to Gavin. I promise."
"I thought he was called Graham?" Flora pointed out and lowering her eyebrows.
"No, definitely Gavin."
"Oh right," she murmured. "I accept your apology but please don't speak ill-will of anybody, promise?"
"Promise," he smiled and winked at Flora, which startled her slightly. They came up to a yellow police tape that was lined around a large bit of grass, stuck to the nearest trees.
There were police cars surrounding the area and people were stood staring at the scene.
"Come on! Move along, nothing to see here!" Shouted a man at the top of his voice and making a shooing gesture with his hands.
"Hello Lestrade," said Sherlock.
"Evening Sherlock," he smiled. "Who's this then?" He nodded towards Flora.
"This is Flora Grey," said Sherlock. "She just moved in today. She'll come in handy."
Lestrade laughed. "Only just got here and you're at a crime scene, God bless you. Watch out he's quite a handful."
Flora chuckled. "He is," she saw Sherlock pull a face. "Nice to meet you Gavin."
Lestrade looked confused and turned to Sherlock.
"What?" Sherlock snapped.
"My name is Greg!" He said looking cross. Sherlock looked like he wasn't going to say anything so Flora chipped in.
"I'm so sorry Detective Inspector!" She apologised. "I had no idea."
"It's fine," said Lestrade scratching his head. "Don't listen to what he has to say. He may be smart but-"
He was cut off by Sherlock. "Where's the victim?" He demanded. Lestrade hesitantly lead Sherlock and Flora over to a towering oak tree. There was a dead man that lay beside it. Flora felt sick just looking at it, the once emerald-green grass was stained blood-red.
"What can you tell us?" Asked Lestrade, folding his arms and leaning against the tree.
"Where's John?" Sherlock ignored Lestrade and came up wit his own question. Flora wondered who John was.
I hope this John fellow isn't a criminal, she thought.
"He said he was on his way," replied Lestrade. Sherlock nodded and pulled out a pocket-sized magnifying glass. He started to examine the body cautiously.
"Sherlock?" Asked Flora. He gave a 'hmm' in reply. "Who's John?"
"He's my colleague and my flatmate," he said not looking up from the body.
"Oh, how come you haven't mentioned him before hand?" Flora questioned. Sherlock ignored her and lifted up the victims head to reveal a massive gash from the top of his head to the bottom of his neck. "There's your answer Lestrade, can't believe you failed to spot that," he made a tutting noise.
"Well Anderson wanted to look at the body," Lestrade replied quickly. "But I told him we'd have to wait until you came."
Sherlock had rolled his eyes at the name of Anderson. "What's Donovan said?"
"She's not here, I told her not to come."
"That's good," muttered Sherlock. "She doesn't know when to keep her nose out."
Just then a short, blonde haired man came jogging up beside Flora.
"Hey Sherlock," he said. Then he looked oddly at Flora. "New to Scotland Yard, are you?"
"Erm... No," stuttered Flora. "I've moved into the flat above Sherlock. I'm Flora by the way, you must be John."
"Oh... Right... Erm..." John struggled to find his words. "Nice to meet you," he eventually smiled and held out his hand which Flora shook gladly.
"Drug addict," said Sherlock.
"What did you say?" Asked Lestrade.
"I said drug addict," he pulled out a plastic bag that had a large amount of pill-like objects in it. He handed it to Lestrade who looked at them carefully.
"If you find anything as evidence place it in this box," he handed Sherlock a small blue tub and placed the pills in. After a while Sherlock managed to discover two packets of ciggarettes and a pen knife in the victims pocket. He had also deduced that the man was having financial problems, even though he had a well paid job as an accountant. Judging by the clothing he wore. Sherlock also said that he must have been on his way back from some sort of meeting, his wallet was cleared of money and coins were scattered around the victim.
"Must have been robbed and then murdered," Sherlock finished. He finally stood up and put the magnifying glass away. "Take the body to the morgue, Lestrade. I'll have a proper look at it tomorrow." And with that he spun on his heels and started walking away. John said goodbye to Lestrade and he and Flora caught up to Sherlock. It started to get dark when the three arrived back at Baker Street. Sherlock had took off up the stairs already, leaving Flora and John to lock the door.
"So when did you move in?" John asked her, taking his coat off and hanging up on a coat hook.
"This afternoon. All the way from Manchester," Flora replied.
"Are you liking it so far?"
"Yes, it's great, but I never thought I'd be going to a crime scene on my first day in London," she laughed.
John chuckled too. "Nice to have you here Flora, hopefully you can help me keep Sherlock at bay!"
"Hope you! He's very lively, isn't he?" They started to ascended the stairs.
"Yes he is," John replied. "You'll have to get used to that." They entered the living room and sat down. Sherlock was sat down at the kitchen table looking into a microscope and jotting things down. Flora noticed that there was a yellow smiley face spray painted on the wall. It had three bullet holes imprinted in the wallpaper. "What's that for?" She asked John, who had plonked himself in the chair where Flora had sat when she first came to Baker Street.
"He does all sorts of things when he's bored," he replied. "Experiments, plays the violin, shooting, that sort of thing."
"Oh so that's why there's holes in the wall," said Flora placing herself on the sofa under the smiley face.
"Would you like some tea?" John asked.
"I wouldn't bother," replied Flora. "There isn't any milk, Sherlock took Mrs Hudson's purse so she couldn't go shopping. I'll go tomorrow."
"Oh... Right. I fancied a nice, warm cup of tea as well," he sighed.
"You'll live," called Sherlock from the kitchen. "Too much tea isn't good for you anyway. And neither's coffee, too much caffeine."
"You can't say that," said John. "You drink coffee all the time!"
"No I don't," he replied simply. "I only have it now and again. I don't eat and drink much when I'm on a case, slows me down. So you won't be smelling any coffee."
"I'm going to go to bed now," Flora announced getting up off the sofa. The truth is that she was tired and that she didn't want to hear Sherlock and John argue over coffee.
"Already?" Questioned John. "It's only half seven."
"Yeah, I'm tired from the journey and all this rushing around," she replied. "I'll see you two in the morning." Flora left the room, closing the door behind her. She climbed the stairs and unlocked the door to her flat. She changed into her favourite pink and white striped pyjamas and got into bed with a massive sigh.

Today's been jam packed! Who knows what can happen tomorrow, hopefully not another murder. But despite my dislike to busy and noisy places, I am enjoying London and enjoying my time with Sherlock and John. Sherlock's comment had nagged me, why did I choose to move to the busiest city in the country? Maybe something had pulled me here without me knowing...

Flora fell asleep in a flash to Sherlock playing a lullaby on his violin...