Chapter 4: The Initiation Begins

(3rd P.O.V)

Y/N was happily snoring away in his sleeping bag but he was woken up by a rather high pitched voice that was rambling on an awful lot. He sat himself up and peered an eye open to see who the source of the voice was coming from. He could see a girl with ginger hair and blue eyes hopping around a boy with black hair and pink eyes. The girl was babbling like there was no tomorrow.

Since Y/N had been woken up, he figured that he might as well get ready for today's initiation for first years. As he became more awake Y/N realised something was off. His scarf had stretched out around him and even across some nearby sleeping students while he was asleep. This wasn't the first time something like this happened, there would be times where Y/N would be sleeping with his scarf nearby to him and it would end up being randomly sprawled around the place, most likely due to his dreams affecting the movement of it. He still remember the first time this happened.

(Back to when Y/N was seven)

After a long day at the café Rory, Isla and Kava had each crashed at some random tables around the place. As all three gradually came back to their senses they could see Y/N's scarf randomly scattered around the room. "What the hell?" Rory muttered.

Isla spotted Y/N sleeping under a table with some of his scarf around his neck. He was muttering in his sleep. "N-No the socket goes in that way." His scarf started moving around a little when this happened.

"Aww he's sleep talking again." Isla commented.

"Yeah, cute." Rory said while shoving a bit of the scarf off his shoulder. "Looks like he accidentally activated his semblance in his sleep. Better get some cold water."

"No!" Isla cried. "Let's just be gentle and wake him up that way." she then got down the her knees and quietly spoke to Y/N. "C'mon Y/N it's time to wake up."

No answer. Rory then got down to the same level as Isla and yelled. "Y/N it's time to wake up!"

Y/N shot up. "Gah!" his scarf then recoiled back to it's regular length, accidently smacking Kava, Rory and Isla in the faces in the process. "Hmm oh, morning guys what's up?" Kava along with Y/N's two siblings just looked down at him grumpily. "...Guys?"

(Present)

Since that incident and the three explained to Y/N what happened it actually occurred quite frequently for Y/N's semblance t activate, as long as he was within a close enough proximity.

Y/N did a quick yawn before using his semblance to retract his scarf to it's original state. While it was retracting back to him a high pitched "Hey!" came from someone. He also noticed something pale stuck in the cotton of his scarf. He took the object off and could see it was a white brush.

Once again he heard the same voice. "You!" Y/N looked to see who the voice came from. He saw a girl with pale skin, white hair and light blue eyes with a scar on the left coming towards him. From the looks of it she looked pretty mad. "What do you think you're doing?" 

"Ey?"

The girl rolled her eyes. "What do you think you're doing stealing another persons belongings?"

"Stealing?" Y/N then looked at the brush that got caught in his scarf. "Oh right. Heh, sorry about that..." he looked down at the brush again and saw her name scribbled onto it. "Weiss Schnee." He held the brush to her. "Must of accidentally gotten caught when-"

The girl, now know as Weiss, swiftly snatched the brush away from him. "Just give me my brush back." She then turned around and walked away brushing her hair while doing so. While she was waking away Y/N thought about her name. "Wait... Weiss Schnee?" He remembered that small glass bottle of white dust that pelted him in the face and the name Ruby gave him. He quickly walked over to her. "Wait Weiss."