Chapter 9: The City

Azie's POV

Arius and I ran much faster knowing that there's nothing that can stop those ravish monsters now that the music finally ended.

Kaunting takbo na lang at mararating na namin ang pwesto kung nasaan ang tatlo.

"Fuck!" I looked behind me and my eyes widen when I saw Arius fall to his knees.

Bwiset!

I can hear the three cuss as they saw what happened.

Agad akong huminto at bumalik sa kung nasaan sya saka tinulungang maka tayo.

"You should run Dwarf. Don't fucking mind me!" He said while I'm holding one of his arms on my shoulder.

"Shut up idiot." I said doing some fast-walking pace. And bloody hell, I never thought Arius is this heavy!

Dearil and Kaliya quickly approached me, reaching for Arius and help him as I handed the key to Dearil then took the gun and helped Gifflet shoot.

I first made sure that Arius was already inside and that the bus was up and running before I ran to Gifflet.

"We'll be leaving through gate 2!" I shouted at Dearil who's now seated on the driver's seat. He nodded.

"Hop in!" I pat Gifflet's shoulder and beckon him to go first. He didn't ask anymore questions and immediately got on the bus as I follow.

"Hold tight!" Dearil shouted and stepped on the gas driving towards gate two.

"Let's get the fuck outta here." I said as Dearil banged the gate creating a loud crash sound and we're finally able to leave the school.

***

Our way down the city wasn't as easy as we thought because the chaos here as twice as what we've experience at school.

Burning buildings, smoking cars, bloody pavements, bloodcurdling screams, car honks, screams of people pleading for help, and so on

We are all holding on to our seats tightly as we drove past them and as the bus sometimes swerve just to avoid what's in front and of course, a collision that I'm sure will cause us to stop which is not a good thing.

"Where are we going now?" Kaliya asked in a low voice breaking the defeaning silence inside the bus.

Ilang minuto din ang lumipas bago nag salita si Giff na katabi nya at isang upuan lang ang pagitan ng layo naming tatlo.

"I don't know..."

I shut my eyes and without looking at her direction, I handed her the phone I snatched inside the guard house.

"Call your parents. Maybe they're still out there." Malamig kong sambit na agad naman nyang kinuha sa kamay ko.

I sighed hearing her soft sobs while dialing and waiting for someone on the other line.

"Mom?... Mom! ... Mom it's me Kaliya!... Are you and dad alright?... Where are you?... Please answer me!... Oh thanked God you're fine!... Yes... yes.. we're driving down the road... yes... I'm safe... I know, I know... please be safe mom, dad! Don't ever make any noise! Yes... Love you too..." Naramdaman ko naman na may umupo sa tabi ko kaya minulat ko na ang mga mata ko saka kinuha ang phone sa kamay ni Kaliya.

"You should call yours too." Saad ni Kaliya.

"They aren't here. So I know they're safe somewhere right now." Hindi naman na ito nag salita saka bumalik sa likod pero hindi na sa tabi ni Gifflet ngayon kundi sa libreng upuan na.

I looked at Gifflet after looking at Arius who's sleeping now or maybe trying to sleep?

"Want some call?" I asked.

He just smiled at me and shook his head.

"Guess all of our parents were out of the country so..." He said and shrugged.

I shrug back and stuffed the phone into my pocket.

"Wait! Let's call the police!" Kaliya suggested and snatch the phone at me.

"I already did." Wika ko na hindi nya pinansin. Bahala sya. Ibinalik ko na lang ang tingin sa labas.

"What's wrong?" Gifflet asked.

"The line is busy."

"Try calling again."

"It's still the same. Same goes with 911." Binalot naman kami ng katahimikan matapos non.

Someone turned the radio of the school bus, on.

"This is a high emergency alert from the health city department of disease control prevention. A sudden virus outbreak of an unknown disease were rapidly spreading across the city. We are advising for everyone to stay indoors, sealed your doors and avoid contacts with people outside your house. We are trying to control everything up. Please don't panic and stay on this broadcast for further emergency notice."  And the line went off.

Shit. This is definitely bad.

"Woah! W-wait!" Kaliya shouted unexpectedly so we turned all our gaze to her except.

"What?" Arius asked now awake.

"Look! Is that bus from our school?" She pointed to a swerving bus on the wrong lane of the side road.Nanlaki naman ang mga mata namin saka pinanood ang sinasabi nya na nahaharangan ng mga palm trees na nasa gitna namin na ginawang boarders para sa mga nag mamaneho.

"She's right!" Sigaw ni Dearil na ngayon ay napatingin din sa kaliwa nya. Its actually the missing bus at the parking lot running on its very high speed.

Kaliya opened the window and shouted something at them to get their attention. I can see some familiar faces while scanning their bus.

"Tulong! Tulungan nyo kami please!"

"Help us!" At kanya kanya pang sigaw nila. Tumingin sa amin si Kaliya.

"We have to help them!" I approached Dearil and asked him if he could bring the bus closer to them.

"We're gonna have a problem with that but, I'll try." He replied while driving. I pat him his back saka sumilip ulit sa bintana para tanungin kung mayroon bang nakagat o nasugatan sa kanila.

"No!" I heard them shouted in the middle of our running bus. Ipinasok ko uli ang ulo ko sa loob ng bus atsaka tumingin sa mga kasama.

"What are we going to do?" Gifflet asked.

"We're gonna transfer them from their bus to here." Sagot ko.

"Are you sure about that?" Tanong ni Arius na tinanguan ko lang.

"Yes. The more the merrier and we can't leave them here either." We a fell in a deep silence before they nodded.

"So what are we gonna do?"