Chapter 6: Hurry Up

Azie's POV

"This is it. There's no more delay. Once we get out of this room, we need to stay together no matter what happens." Gifflet's bold words gave me determination to survive this. We took a deep breath and glanced at each other.

"Okay, let's go." Because Dearil was standing by my side closer to the window, he was the one who opened it.

Uplifting furry growls of the walking living dead greeted us. We wasted no more time and Kaliya came out first, trying not to look at the bloody field and stepping on the concrete cement that was just right for her feet.

Dearil followed her and tilted himself a little because the size of the cement did not fit his foot. Even though I was nervous, I knew we could leave this place and luckily ask for help.

"Don't be a nervous dwarf." I heard Arius whisper next to me.

"Shut up and stop calling me a dwarf." I helped Gifflet hang the end of his bag on the window.

"Tsk." When I was sure that I could follow Gifflet, I make sure that  my bag and everything is on its right place and then went up to the window and crossed to the other side.

I couldn't help but watch what was happening below and around us. This is horrifying. I can feel the hair at the back of my neck stood up.

How the hell did this happen?

"Hey dwarf! I don't think you're planning on staying there to watch. Right?" Arius shouted rudely as he approached behind me.

I didn't know, napa hinto pala ako. I just ignored him and then continued crossing until I reached the open window where Gifflet and others were waiting.

After Arius hopped inside, we slowly moved to wherever the duct was. The storage room is also quite large full of trolleys, trays, mops, old and damaged furniture, and whatnot. Gifflet turn on the flashlight of his lighter to give us light from this dark room because when Kaliya turned on the switch, the light bulb won't budge.

Unlike D.R, in this room we can clearly hear the noise coming outside the door as the storage room was not built soundproof so even if we were afraid of what might happen any moment, we have to stay focus.

"There!" I pointed the duct in the ceiling. Though the ceiling is a little bit high, I don't think we'll have difficulty climbing because I saw a chair and trolleys on the side of the door that we will use so we can reach it.

"Let's go." Says Kaliya as Dearil followed her.

"Wait." Pigil ko dito saka tumalikod at nag simulang mag lakad papunta sa apat na upuang nag patong pato tabi ng pinto.

"Hey! Where are you going?" I heard Arius ask annoyed. I looked at him before pointing my finger to where the monoblock chairs were when suddenly, Kaliya ran in that direction making all of us stood there eyes wide in shock.

"What the hell Kaliya?!" Tinapunan ko ng masamang tingin si Kaliya dahil sa ginawa nya. This fucking bitch is not thinking straight!

"We need to stay silent!" Arius added while Dearil gripped his hair in frustration and Gifflet was gawking.

"I know! I know!" Kaliya answered while swinging her hands still holding the two chairs.

"Careful!" Dearil suddenly shouted as the end of the chair hit a metal tray which made the liquid bleach at the top of it fell. It was as if I was going to lose my breath because of what happened and immediately the atmosphere tensed and everything goes quiet.

Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!

"Fuck!" We shouted at the same time the door of the room was filled with loud banging together with a loud growl of whatever was behind that door.

I immediately ran to the other two seats left and then returned to where Kaliya, the idiot, is.

I put on two more chairs and hit Dearil who was closest to me and pointed at the duct.

"What else are you staring at?! We have to get out of here!" I snapped. I'm fucking furious. 

The four of them seemed to wake up from their reveries as Dearil immediately got on the chair and quickly opened the duct and fit himself inside.

When he's position himself properly inside, he immediately reached for Kaliya's trembling hand which Gifflet made an extra effort by placing his both hands so that she'll step onto it and be able to climb on the chair. Gifflet followed behind her.

"Hurry up!" Arius said and gestured in Gifflet's direction who was holding his hand out.

Pabalik balik naman ang tingin ko sa kanya at sa pinto na ngayon ay kaunti na lang at bibigay na.

"What are you waiting for dwarf?!" He shouted annoyingly.

Hindi kami aabot sa duct na yan!

I ignored him and ran to where the metal tray was and knocked it down. I heard them call my name which I ignored.

It looks like Arius got what I wanted to do right away so he joined me in pulling and placing the metal tray under the door handle.

"This won't last. Let's go."

After that, we ran back to the chairs where Gifflet was still waiting. I stopped for a moment to get a mop and looked at Arius.

"Go up hurry!" I shouted and he didn't ask any more questions and immediately climbed on the chair and entered the duct.

"Shit!" I heard Arius murmur when he saw me having a hard time getting up from the chair.

Ako na maliit. Tsk.

I threw my bag up in Arius's direction who caught it immediately.

"Hurry up dwarf!"

"Kaunting talon pa."

"Gotcha." I smiled as I looked at Arius. I immediately stood up to reach Arius' hand when the door suddenly opened.

"Fuck."