Chapter 3: Weird

Azie's POV

We all rushed towards the window that I left open a while ago and curiously look outside.

"What the!"

"Eww! So gross!"

I covered my mouth to prevent myself from gagging out all the food I ate this morning, because of what I had just seen.

"Shit! What the hell is that?" Arius said in complete disgust.

"Dude, we don't know." Gifflet replied.

I stood straight and then looked at the school grounds where two school guards were already holding the blonde woman with bloody clothes and mouth.

They took her away from another student lying on the Bermuda grass because when we opened the window earlier, that blonde bit the face of another student so the five of us almost vomited.

The school's medic team approached her which also caught the other attention of the students in the field. I just kept quiet and watched what was happening, especially the woman that the two guards were holding.

I feel like something bad is going to happen.

"Weird.." Kaliya whispered.

"Why?" I can't help but ask and get nervous. This familiar feeling I felt a while ago while staring straight at our H.R teacher's slowly gnawing back at me making me uncomfortable.

"Look at that girl on the ground. Guess she isn't breathing anymore. " She pointed to the girl. The medic who did some reviving skills to her is now panicking and repeatedly doing the CPR yet I can see that it doesn't do anything because the woman is already dead.

"Tsk. If you're the one bit in the face, 'you won't lose your life?" Dearil said sarcastically which caused me to stop. This guys here aren't serious, are they?

"Shut up Dearil! It's creepy and gross you know!" She groaned.

"Tsk. Come on. Let's just go back and wait for our release time." The three of them followed what Arius said while I was still at the window.

I do have a bad feeling about what will happen next.

"Hey dwarf! Wanna stay there? " I ignored Arius' and remained watching.

"Hey look! That girl's still alive!"

"Yes! Yes! She's moving!"

"She's alive!"

"Gosh! Such a miracle!"

My eyes widen and quickly turned my attention to the woman when I saw her head move.

"Impossible..." I whispered.

I balled my fist while watching intently on the school grounds, wishing I'm just too paranoid when in an instant everyone who was watching the scene that was taking place, started to scream.

"Holy shit!" I backed away when the woman suddenly bit the medic men near her.

The noise increased even more, when one student bit another student. The four started to approach my place to see what was happening.

"O-oh my God! W-what is that?" Kaliya asked shaking. We all watched in horror as everyone started running away and biting each other.

I shook my head sideways and shut the windows quickly which made the noise fade as the D.R was built soundproof.

"W-we need to get out o-of here." I stuttered. I saw them looked at me as if I've just grown four heads.

"What?! Don't you see what just happened outside? They're in chaos! We should stay here for our safety!" Dearil spat clearly in panic.

"We should stay here and call the cops!" Kaliya suggested. I shook my head.

I'm sure those cops were busy dealing with those things in the city as I've heard reporter mentioned it on the radio Jean was listening to, before I step inside this detention.

"And don't you also see what'll happen to us if we stay here? We'll die of starvation, you idiot." I said calmly and rolled my eyes. We've maybe in a state of doom but I won't let stupidness empower us right now.

"Can someone explain what the fuck is that?" It was Gifflet on serious tone.

"You heard the current news right?" I almost slapped the four of them when they shook their heads in unison.

"So first of all, where were y'all when the teacher announced about the spreading virus at the moment?" I asked annoyed on the way how they will become an actual idiot if they leave this place as soon as we saw what happened earlier without even planning carefully. They just avoided my stare and so I heaved a sigh.

"There's some type of virus that is currently spreading fast, obviously, it infects. I've heard it's trying to threaten the population of humans. So the teachers decided to cancel classes and wants everyone to stay inside their respective dorms until further notice. From what I've to remember too, one of my classmates said that there is this girl in Agnes Hospital, who was quarantined and they did some some test and stuffs but found the thing inside her body negative so they let her go. But, just three days ago, they say, the girl becomes aggressive." I said and shrugged.

"So you mean, that blonde becomes aggressive because she was infected?!"

"Looks like it."

"But why did that girl rise from the ground when they declared she's dead?" It was Kaliya. We froze.

"That.... we don't know." We became silent for a moment thinking what's the reason behind it before Gifflet decided to break the silence.

"Why do I feel like we should call them zombies?"

"That's ridiculous Giff, you know?" Kaliya said before laughing nervously.

"Dude! Zombies don't exist okay?" Dearil seconded.

"Hard to believe but I'm starting to compare symptoms of that two girls to the definition of zombies in movies." I almost choked hearing Arius.

"We're not in some kind of drama okay?" I said. But my inner self refused to believe.

"Then what are you gonna call them?" I heaved a sigh first before dismissing the topic.

"Let's forget about that first and plan on how to get out and call for help or we might as well just save ourselves." I stated. Their shoulders drop and nod their heads at me.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't even know if there's someone that can help us now. I've heard on the radio that all of the government officials were scattered away to deal with this craze ass dudes early in the morning." I explained.

"We're dead." Rinig kong nanlulumong sambit ni Kaliya.

"No. We're not. I'm not going to let that happen and I know you guys won't let it too. So we have to make a plan to leave here." I stated firmly which made them nod their heads.

"You're right."

"First, we need make sure everything can be lock and unlock." Well, sadly the only disadvantage we have here is the only door inside this room which the lock was on the outside, a prison cell type of thing. Anyways, we still got the window which I shut earlier.

They made this room like a prison cell plus the sound proof thing because in the last years, professors always find this empty. Which means those students who was sent to reflect here ditches without the on-duty guard knowing.

"Done." I nodded at them as we took a seat on the floor and form a circle. I glanced at the only picture frame here in the room and took it. I fished the marker I always brought with me and placed the two things in front of us.

They all stared at me.

"What are you doing?" I shrugged.

"Let's start."