‡8‡ Of Dark Pasts and Trauma

Wang Yao was never the lucky type.

There was a time when he thought very differently.

Born into a wealthy family with loving parents and groomed to be a smart, elegant omega, he was satisfied. That is, until his father died; his driver never saw the out-of-control pickup coming.

Having to identify his body shattered Yao's mother, and her smile was cremated along with him.

It only got worse when his father's half-brother-- someone who was highly disliked by his deceased father, managed to take hold of his father's company. To his endless chagrin, this uncle played up the act of the grieving brother even though Yao's father couldn't stand the greasy man when he was alive, ever since young!

After he took over the household, Yao was immediately pulled from school as the man was of the belief that omegas should stay at home and see to the household. He used his influence to make sure Yao and his mother never got a glimpse of his father's will. He was a prisoner in his own home. The law couldn't help them seeing how it was ridiculously biased towards alphas to begin with, especially a rich alpha.

Shortly after being pulled from school, he was rather offhandedly informed of his imminent mating to a Swedish business owner as a mistress and child bearer for the sake of some contract.

Pure disbelief. That was his first reaction, before he and his mother tried furiously to find some way out it. But the way that man spun it, there was simply a business agreement, and if Yao took a small trip to Sweden and ended up mated, well that was a completely different story.

No matter how much they kicked and screamed, Yao was still torn away from his wailing mother and loaded onto a private jet bound for Sweden.

Upon touchdown, he immediately hated it there. It was supposed to be spring! why was it still so nippy there?!

What made it worse was the way everyone in that household looked at him. He imagined that this was the way one looked at a scantily dressed prostitute on the roadside: with thinly veiled contempt and just a feel of generally being looked down upon. He bitterly supposed that this was what he was being seen as since that horrible uncle of his was being payed a healthy sum for him to come sleep with this man.

The man himself was simply odious. He was clearly fast approaching his fifties, yet he leered at the then fifteen year old Yao like a particularly fat, balding hog would eye a buffet table. His wife was worse. She had features that should have been beautiful if they weren't so artificial, plastic and slathered in copious amounts of makeup. It was probably in an attempt to keep the man's interest after it was found that she couldn't have children anymore aside from the one apparently, ill child whom Yao never saw.

In front of her husband, she was demure, but as soon as he was out of the room, her hostility and disdain were clear as day in her cutting remarks. Yao was nobody's verbal punching bag and gave as good as he got, until her shiny plastic visage contorted with fury.

He hated her as much as she hated him.

Later that evening found him wearing a sheer silk dressing gown in deep red sitting anxiously in a huge, lavish bedroom. He was naked underneath the dressing gown, and the fabric hugged his skin. He was given all the material he could ever want to build a nest in the room, but he didn't spare them a glance. If he was going to have to spread his legs for that bastard in the future it would be in no nest of his making. Why should he have to put work into something he didn't want?

He wasn't expected to get pregnant until his heat, but tonight was when he would be marked and his fate sealed and tied to that old bastard for the rest of his life, alone in a foreign land far far from home.