Chapter 14: Sleeping Beauty Awakens

______________________________

Fairy Tail Guild Infirmary

4:00pm

______________________________

[NATSU'S P.O.V]

Her screams echoed throughout the house. She thrashed around, kicking at the air. Once she started to freak out, I brought her to Mira. She just collapsed and started freaking out. She only screamed Gray's name.

"GRAY!" She yelled. Mira strapped her down onto the infirmary bed. She thrashed her head around. She screamed, crying for Gray.

"I told you to be careful, Natsu!" Mira turned to me as she loomed over Lucy, her bark made me jump back.

"I didn't do anything! She figured it out for herself." I shot back, defending myself.

"We were careless. I should've known she'd catch on quickly." She sighed, placing her hand against Lucy's forehead. "She's got a high fever... I need to get her in lighter clothes." I gulped at her words. Suddenly, a bunch of people busted into the door.

"Lucy!" They all said. Gajeel, Levy, Erza, Wendy, Carla and Happy all rushed to her side. Their eyes all filled with worry.

"Oh my gosh, is she okay!?" Levy cried, she held Lucy's hand in hers. Tears fell down her cheeks.

"What happened, Natsu?" Erza demanded. I shrugged, avoiding her question. I fell silent. I can't tell them.

"Goddammit... She's been though so much lately." Gajeel sighed harshly. My brow perked at him. His concern erked me.

Lucy just cried Gray's name over and over. Her eyes weren't open. They were squeezed shut. I wanted to hold her. To say sorry. Everyone was huddling around her. Tears filled their eyes. This is was all my fault. If I hadn't become so stuck up, Lucy wouldn't be going through all this pain.

"Gray! Come back! Come back! Please! Gray!" She streeched, she clawed against the metal straps holding her down.

"Okay, everyone. I need to ask you guys to leave... Lucy needs some rest." Mira said to them, pushing them out. She took out a needle, injecting it carefully into Lucy's arm. Lucy's jerking became less intense, but she was still in a state of agitation.

"Natsu... I don't think I can do much other than sedate her. But I can't do that forever... She-She's...."

"No! You have to save her! Y-You... Yo-You..." I couldn't help but tear up. I leaned over her bed. "I'm so sorry, Lucy. Lucy, please don't go..." I cried, but she replied with a scream. Suddenly, a bang came from outside the infirmary. I ran out to see what it is. A dark misty figure came before the guild doors. Master ran out in the front.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"That's not important." It spoke in dark, low voice. Shadows covered his face. But I could see his spiky black hair. "What's important is, Lucy Heartfilia."

"What do you want with Lucy?" I said, before Master could. It looked at me with red eyes. As if it could see right through me. I got a weird, nostalgic feeling at the bottom of my stomach.

"Simply to settle something with the young mage." It smirked. It looked back at Master. "So, if you would direct me to where she is, I'll just take her and go." I tightened my fist and growled.

"If you think you can get her, you'll have to go through me!" The shadow came rushing at me, with black ice shooting out of it's fingers. This thing was stronger than I thought. I couldn't fend him off after my first Dragon's roar. I felt it's icy cold fingers wrap around my neck.