Missing In Action 7

Missing In Action 7

*Two Months Later* 

I am now 8 months pregnant and I look huge. Who knew I would be so big. The baby's been moving like crazy. Mostly kicking. I would wake up in the middle of the night from it kicking me. The girls have been helping me a lot with my pregnancy. They've been reading pregnancy books more than I have. They claim they want to be the best aunts out there. Everyone's been doing well lately. Yes we have our moments of sadness but not as much anymore. But Eleanor hasn't been doing well at all. She stays in her room. She's always in the same place. She sits in a chair in front of the window. She just stares out the window. She won't eat at all. And when she does, it's not enough. 

At the clinic we've been taking turns with covering her shift. Me and the girls don't mind. We're more worried about Eleanor. 

I walk in the clinic. Mark is already standing and walking a bit. He's dying to go back home to America. 

"Morning Perrie." he smiled.

"Good morning, I see your ready to get started." I smiled taking off my coat and hanging it.

"Defiantly." He said. 

"Ok then lets start." I said. 

"Now start off slowly..." I said. 

He walked slowly. 

"Now of you can go a little more faster. If it hurts go slow again, we don't want to strain your leg." I said. 

After almost two hours of helping him. My back began to hurt. 

I pulled up a chair. "Keep going. I just need to sit down for a minute." I sighed sitting in the chair. 

"Baby's been kicking again?" He chuckled. 

"Yes. It's a fighter." I chuckled. 

He smiled. 

"I think it's a boy." I said. 

"Have you done the needle test?" He asked. 

"What on earth is that?" I asked. 

"My mom did it with my sister. It's were you tie a needle or ring, in this case needle, onto the end of a string. You hang it over your belly and if it swings in a circle it's a boy. If it goes back and forth it's a girl." He explained. 

"And it works?" I asked. 

"Worked for my sister." He said. 

"That's very... Superstitious." I joked. 

He laughed. "Try it and see." 

"Ok I think I will." I said willing. 

*Back at the house* 

I walked through the front door. 

The girls sat on the couch reading the pregnancy books. 

"Hey." They said in unison. 

"Hey." I smiled taking off my shoes.

"When did you guys get back from the clinic?" I asked. 

"Almost an hour ago." Danielle said not looking up from the book she was reading.

"Learn anything new?" I chuckled. 

"Did you know at 6 months if pregnancy the baby can her your voice and immediately know your the mother!" She said happily.