Chapter 1

I ran down the street, already regretting my shoe choice. As the smart girl I am, I had forgot to look out the window before I walked out the door. Now, running in my black converse in the pouring rain, I don't understand what I was thinking.  

I felt water run down my neck when I entered the store. My long, brown hair was soaked and it was all over the place. Already at the age of five I knew I couldn't control it, so I just brushed it behind my ears. 

I walked through the store, looking for something in particular. I could usually walk in this store the whole day, but I had work to do, so I had no time to spare. I loved this store and I could use days just searching for a good movie. Yes, this was a movie store. I'm not one of those girls who love to spend all her money on shoes or clothes. 

I walked down the "Crime" section, looking for The Godfather. I know what you think! Why doesn't I have a copy of one of the most popular movies in the world. And I have to defend myself, I do have a copy of the movie, but not here in New York. My copy was still in my old bedroom at my mom's house in Norway. I didn't bother to get my movies sent over, because it would probably cost more than to just buy a new one.  

I was standing where the movies on G was hiding and didn't pay attention to my surroundings. I picked up the whole Godfather trilogy and studied the backside of the cover. I decided to buy them all collection and was about to turn around when I crashed into something. Or more correctly, someone. 

"Ouch!" The guy I had managed to walk straight into, cried. I lost my DVDs and it made a loud noice when it hit the tiles.  

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" I said quickly. The boy turned around and looked at me with surprised eyes. I tried to smile to him, but I think it must have looked like I was making a funny face, because he just laughed. 

"It's no problem, I would have been in my owned thoughts as well if was about to buy The Godfather" He looked down on the DVD cover on the ground. Before I could react, he bent down to pick up the movie. He gave it to me and said:

"It's a good choice, one of my favorites" he smiled. 

"It's one of mine as well" This was really awkward. I didn't know this person, and we talked about one of my favorite movies of all time, but I somehow, I didn't know what to say. I could usually talk about movies for hours, and I think all my friends were really tired of me, but somehow, I couldn't say anything. My mind was empty.

"I'm Josh Devine by the way" he streched out his hand so I could grab it. He looked at me in a strange way, but I couldn't tell what it was all about.

"I'm Elizabeth Montgomery, but everyone calls me Lizzie" I shook his hand and smiled back. I was just about say that I had to go, before he stopped me.

"So, Lizzie, what are you doing today?" As the Norwegian girl I was, I suddenly became very suspicious. I, as very many other Norwegian people, wasn't used to speak openly to people we just met. But his British accent made me a bit calmer.

"I was really just heading home. I have a deadline tomorrow and..." I didn't get to finish my sentence.  

"And you are out buying yourself three-hour-long movies. And not just one, but three!? And in this weather!" He looked at me like he didn't really believe a word I was saying

"Actally, I'm working as a film critic, so yes, I'm out, buying movies! That's my JOB" I was annoyed now. Who was this guy, criticizing me for my choises, and I don't even know him. Wait, he doesn't even know me! I was about to turn around when he grabbed my arm.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you" he looked sorry, but he smiled a bit, so I know he didn't mean it.

"Well, as I just said, I have a deadline tomorrow, so I have to go" I turned around again,

"You have to go, or do you just don't want to talk to me?" this guy was really starting to get on my nerves. I didn't bother to turn around, and I just kept on walking. 

When I had paid for the movies and about to grab for the doorhandle, I saw that it had stopped raining. I smiled for myself and pulled the door open. I walked out on the street and then, before I had time to think, the same guy I just talked to, stood right in front of me. 

"Hi again" he smiled the biggest smile I had ever seen. I raised one of my eyebrows and just looked at him. What did he want now?

"You probably think that I'm just some asshole, but I'm actually a pretty nice guy and I think you will really like me. I'll make it good to you and make you an offer you can't refuse" he winked at me, but I had to laugh. He'd just quoted The Godfather, like it was the most natural thing in the world. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.