Television

In our home, there's only one television

In our home, there's only one television. It is at the small space beside the living room and we call it family area.

Those two spaces are separated with a wide and tall counter. It is filled with mom's precious china.
From vase to plates to the small doll figures.
Mom said she is obsessed with those things when she had just married dad.

In front of the TV set, there's an old comfortable couch.
I said old because it's given by our grandfather. But, I swear, that sofa is sooooooo comfy.

The TV is placed here so mom can access it easily. That thing is her only entertainment. Beside us, her lovely children. 😁😁😁

Unlike AB and me, mom doesn't like gadgets. She bought both my brother and me the newest model of smartphone but she just has an old phone with her.
We keep telling her to buy the new one but she refuses. She said she doesn't want to bother herself learning how to use smartphone.

The only thing mom does when she borrows mine or AB's phone is playing Bubble Shooter.
You know that game, right?
We have to shoot the ball to the match color and they will pop like bubble.

Mom loves it so much.
So AB and I make sure we have the app in our phone.

So, back to the television thing.

AB and I, surprisingly, almost have no argument about TV. We both are so getting along with it. Ever since we were kids.
Maybe because we both like the same shows and channels.
If mom joins us, we will watch the same thing with her. No matter how ridiculous the show is.

The keyword here is 'almost'.

When I said almost that means there's still one or two arguments between us.

Usually, it's about soccer.
AB loves to watch the sport so much while I don't like it too much.
I only watch it if Manchester City is playing.
But my brother. He will watch every single game if he can.

So, how does the argument happen?

AB's favorite team is Barcelona.
Even if it plays in the middle of the night, he will watch it.
He doesn't care he will be sleepy the next day for attending class.
The ridiculous thing is, he will drag me to join him.

He said he doesn't like to watch the game by himself. But I know actually he's afraid of being alone.

Yup, my big brother believes things called ghosts.

Well, I do. But I think it won't disturb us if we don't startle it first.

So, back to my scary brother.
He won't stop messing around until I give up and walk in, defeated to the family area.

Sometimes, I will intentionally search when will Barcelona play from the Internet. If it plays in my sleeping time, I'll go to sleep earlier. XD

Well, I feel bad for not giving him company. But I have classes to attend too and I don't have a plan to sleep during class.

I don't do it all the times though.
There are times I will come to the family area willingly and watch the match with him.
We'll make two bowls of popcorn and take cans of tea.

Why two bowls?
Well, to prevent any fight that could be happen for claiming the bowl. XD

We'll share stories. He'll talk about his college and I tell him mine.
Sometimes we can be so tired but still push ourselves to keep watching.
In the end, it wasn't us who watch the TV. It's the TV watching us sleeping.

----------------

A/N

So, what is your favorite show to watch with your family???

Please do Vote and Comment.

I still accept any stories about siblings if you are brave enough to share it with me. XD

Love ya
21/01/2018

LovelyMiserable
❤ ❤ ❤