Chapter Fifteen

Laughter entered the TARDIS and the famous Gallifreyian siblings entered. They put down their popcorn and glasses on the seats on opposite ends of the console and turned to face each other. Both, at the same time, smiled at each other.

"Where to now, brother?" asked Ashley.

"Anywhere and everywhere, of course," he replied oh so casually.

"No, really, where are we going?" she asked with serious eyes.

"Anywhere you want," he told her, fixing his hair.

"How about we check on London? We haven't been there in ages." She stroked the edge of the TARDIS as she spoke.

"Very well. London it is!" The Doctor ran around the TARDIS, setting everything up, and then he pulled the lever. The TARDIS made its normal traveling noise and before they knew it, they were stepping out of the TARDIS, and into the fresh London air. The Doctor smiled and spun around a bit.

"This is...fantastic!" he exclaimed. Then, his happy self changed to a serious self within a matter of a second. "Something's wrong here."

Ashley's smile turned into a concerned frown. "What is it, Doctor?"

He soniced the air, looked at his screwdriver, and then looked back at Ashley. "It's normal, almost too normal, which means it's a-"

"Trap," they said at the same time.

Daleks flooded the area within seconds. They were surrounded, and the TARDIS was being taken away by a crane.

"No, no, no!" the Doctor cried out as the TARDIS was taken away.

"Do what you do, brother," said Ashley, holding her hands up high.

The Doctor smiled and held his hands up high. The daleks pointed their weapons at the Doctor and demanded Ashley, "Doctor who??"

"Oh, did you really give up on me?! I know my name pretty well and I can get you one hint closer if you let us and my TARDIS go!"

They now pointed their weapons at Ashley. Demanding again, "DOCTOR WHO??"

"Brother, if you get me killed-" she started.

"I won't," he interrupted her. He turned his focus on the daleks. "Did you really think John Smith was chosen at random?"

The daleks let the TARDIS fall and they went away to solve the riddle the Doctor had gave them. Ashley turned to him.

"You are amazing, you know that, right?"

He smiled. "I try."

And with that, they walked into the TARDIS.