Chapter Seven

He brightened up her day for sure. The Doctor took her to see her favorite author in the universe and saw a concert on Earth. A few days later, Ashley woke up in the middle of the night. Something was definitely wrong.

She dressed into a red plaid long sleeved shirt, black vest, jeans, and brown boots and checked the TARDIS console. The monitor said something was outside the TARDIS. Then, there were three knocks heard. Ashley looked at the door in horror as another round of three knocks knocked on the door.

She ran for the Doctor, who was still asleep. Ashley shook him to try to wake him up, but no response. It was like he was a dummy. That's when she woke up with a scream.

The Doctor was awake, reading as usual, when he heard his little sister scream. He ran to the rescue, in time to hold her close and calm her down. What could have possibly happened to her to make her act like this?

Ashley and the Doctor were sitting by a fireplace, drinking some calming tea. Ashley wore the same outfit from her dream and was covered by a fleece blanket. The Doctor was updating his diary, in case he found himself forgetting everything. Ashley stared as the fire took over the wood. She hoped never to be the wood.

The Doctor finished writing and put the diary on the ground next to him. He looked over at Ashley, worried about her. He felt as if she was still his responsibility, like his own child. But he was just her older brother.

"Remember long ago, when we chased the police with their own vehicles?" he asked her.

She smiled and nodded.

"I wish life was easier like back then. Now we have to deal with daleks and cybermen. But I suppose nothing would happen to make this universe the way it is." He took a sip of tea.

"Yeah...I feel the same." She looked off into the distance again.

"We have to deal with horrible things, nightmares and seeing our friends die. I'm just glad I'm not alone anymore." He smiled slightly at her, glad she was with him.

She looked him in the eyes, "Me too, brother."

"Do you want to talk about the nightmare?"

She nodded and told him the details.

"Well, I will not let anyone hurt or harm you in any way. Do you understand?"

"Yes. Thank you."

"It's my pleasure."

They held hands and watched the fire slowly disappear together.