Chapter 15

Sophie's POV

A sharp pain rushed through my head. I winced at the pain and I tried to open my eyes but nothing was happening. I was trapped in the darkness and I couldn't move a limb to get help. The only thing I could do was think and it was horrible. Was I dead? Did I succeed or did Brian save me in time?

My thoughts landed on Brian as his face haunted me. The face of horror when he saw what I did to myself will stay with me forever. I started to regain my hearing. I could hear two people talking. I tried to listen to the exact words but I couldn't make them out. They were just mumbles to me. This meant I was alive. Right?

Maybe if I tried to move a finger they might know I'm trying to communicate. I really needed Brian right now. I needed his strength to help me. I don't want him to break his promise but I knew he wouldn't be here. It was too risky as they would ask him all sorts of questions and if they found out he was my teacher, it wouldn't go down well.

The voices started to become more clear and I could hear a female voice say, "Yeah, she tried to kill herself but whoever called for that ambulance saved her life." So I was alive. Brian did save me. I then started to feel disappointment as I was ready to die. It may sound selfish but I was just so sick of everything that I finally cracked. The only good thing was Brian but even that was tainted as I could never be with him properly. We were fighting a loosing battle.

Somebody else began to speak, "Who called the ambulance? Nobody came in with her and nobody has visited."

"Nobody knows. All the paramedics said was it was a man who was going out of his mind. He was apparently crying but then he took off. Well, if he cared so much why didn't he come and visit?" The first female voice scoffed.

That comment hurt me so much. It was like a little piece of my heart got chipped away. He never even bothered to check up on me to see how I was doing. He left me all alone. I could understand to a certain extent but not one visit hurt. I was falling for him hard and it felt it was the wrong thing to do. I should have known not to get involved with my teacher. I was so stupid but then any thought about him my heart would swell and all I could do was smile. He was definitely becoming my drug and I needed him just like an addict would need his next fix.

Just then it felt like a weight had been lifted off of me. I moved my finger and it moved with ease. I started to concentrate on my eyes. Little by little they started to creep open. The blinding light hit my eyes and stung, sending a sharp pain through my head. I gritted my teeth and opened my eyes fully to reveal the white hospital walls and the blinding lights that has already hurt me.

"It's good to see you awake," a woman's voice chirped and I recognised it to be one of the women earlier talking about me. "How are you feeling?"

"A little sore," I groaned becoming aware of my extremely dry throat.

She walked over to me and grabbed a glass of water. "Here," she said as she lifted the drink to my lips to help me. The much need liquid slipped down my throat making me feel much better. Once I had enough she put the glass down and startled to check my bandages. "They were pretty deep cuts but they seem to be heeling just fine. You will be left with a scar though."

I nodded and I asked, "How long have I been here?"

"Two days and should be able to go home soon but you will need to see a psychologist about this though to ensure you properly heal," she stated.

"I don't want to see any doctor about my problems. I want to get out of here. I'm allowed to discharge myself. Right?" I said.

"Yeah you do but I strongly urge you not to. You need proper help." She pleaded.