Chapter 74

Matt's POV

She was standing there in front of me crying, hurting and I knew right then that any doubt I had about this was stupid, that I was definitely  doing the right thing.

"None of this is your fault, you didn't do anything." I said, she looked at me unbelievably.

I'll never understand the way Ana's mind works, she always took the blame for everything, even when we were kids, back then I'd let her take the blame, but not this time, this was nobodies fault.

This woman, who I've known forever, was standing here, thinking I blamed her for this, it couldn't be further from the truth.

I reached out and pulled her into my arms and kissed her face, her tears.

"Ana, you are my life, your my everything." I whispered. "I couldn't imagine not having you here with me everyday, not seeing you everyday."

And I couldn't imagine it, I didn't want to imagine it.

She put her face on my chest and I let her cry, holding her as tight as I could, I needed her to know I would never let her go.

I put my lips to her ear. "I wanted this to be so much different Ana, I wanted it to be special, I made plans for us. But I can't wait any longer."

"I'm sorry I ruined that." She murmured into my chest.

I realised that she was taking what I was saying the wrong way. "Shit Ana, this is coming out all wrong. You haven't ruined anything, we're still doing it." Shit, I was getting nervous.

"Doing what?"

"It was meant to be a surprise, so I'm not telling you okay?" She nodded into my chest. "But part of the surprise, well I can't wait."

I took a deep breath and reached into my pocket........Shit, where did I put it? Oh crap.

"Hang on a minute." I told her, I went back inside, and thankgod, it was sitting on the bench with everything else, I grabbed it and went back outside.

Ana was standing there looking at me and when she saw what was in my hand she started crying again.

"Don't cry." I told her, pulling her back into my arms.

"What is this?" she asked, pulling back to look at me.

"Will you shush and let me do it?" I asked her.

She nodded and I couldn't help myself, I had to kiss her. "Look, you know I love you right? I can't stand it when I'm away from you. Your my best friend and I know this is corny, but your the love of my life." It was pretty corny, but it was true. " So, I got this."

I held it out to her, she looked at it, then looked at me.

"Open it." I told her.

She reached out and opened it. "Oh Matthew." She whispered and she smiled, thankgod she smiled.

"So I had a big speech prepared but I forgot it." I couldn't remember a damn thing I was going to say. "So." I reached out, wrapping my arms around her again and kissing her forehead. "Marry me Ana."