Chapter 72

Matt's POV

I organised what needed to be organised, hopefully it would be ready tomorrow, I hoped it would be, I couldn't wait now that I'd made up my mind, I needed to do this.

Ana's car was in the drive when I got home and as I let myself in I saw her, asleep on the lounge. I thought about waking her up so she could get into bed, but my guess was that she wouldn't anyway.

I went upstairs to the bedroom and shut the door, I wanted to call Jim and talk to him about my decision.

"Are you sure Matt? Is now really the right time?" he asked me, I know he thought this was a snap decision, but was it? I didn't think so, I guess I'd been thinking about this for awhile.

"Now is as good as time as any Jim, I want to do this, I need to do this."

After I explained everything to him he offered me his support, which meant alot to me, to have support spurred me on and convinced me that I was definitely doing the right thing.

I layed in bed thinking, trying to sleep, I was about to do something that was life changing, so yeah, losing sleep was part of the deal.

I eventually fell asleep, and to be honest I slept soundly. When I woke up I rolled over, the other side of the bed was empty.

I showered, grabbed my phone and went downstairs. Ana was in the kitchen, making a cup of tea, tea? She lived for coffee, so seeing her making tea made me realise just how bad things were.

My phone rang, Ana jumped, she didn't know I was there. I quickly walked out and answered it.

Everything was good to go. I grabbed my keys and walked back into the kitchen.

"I have to go out." I told Ana, she was just standing there, staring out the window.

She shrugged, that was it, just a shrug.

Fuck, I wish she'd look at me, not pretend I wasn't here.

I turned and walked out, got in my car and drove off. Hopefully this wouldn't take long, then I was going back home, to do what? I had no idea, get Ana to talk to me? Not likely.

I did what I had to do then drove back home. I sat in the car for five minutes wondering how the hell I was going to talk to Ana.

I walked inside, Ana wasn't there. I went to the kitchen and looked out the window, she was laying on one of the sun lounges crying. I stood there and watched her for a few minutes then I took a deep breath and walked outside.

"Ana." I said.

She yelped and jumped up and looked at me, knocking her drink over.

I looked at her, and what I saw, the look on her face, her eye's, before she looked away again, made me angry.

Fuck this, I wasn't waiting any longer, I was planning on waiting a day or two, but not now, I had to do it now.