Chapter 40

Matt's POV

I glanced over at Ana, she was looking out the window of the car.

We'd decided to go for a drive, to where? I didn't know I was just driving.

I had woken up early this morning and wanted to call Ana straight away but I had made myself wait until a reasonable time, and then when I did call she didn't answer.

I couldn't believe how much I wanted to hear her voice and finally she'd called me back.

"So, where are we going?" Ana asked.

I shrugged "No idea, why do you need to be somewhere?"

"Nope, not til tomorrow morning, then work." She was staring out the window again.

"Well let me know if you want to stop, I'm just driving."

She looked over at me and smiled "I will."

I wanted to reach over and take her hand, but I wasn't sure if I should reach over or not. I was doing a whole lot of second guessing in my head right now, and it was making me crazy.

"Are you ok? " she asked.

I nodded, sure I was fine, just ridiculously nervous around someone I'd know forever.

We sunk into an awkward silence.

Oh god, the more I wanted to talk, the less I could think to talk about.

"Let's stop here, I want to go for a walk on the pier." she said quietly.

We were in Malibu.

I pulled over and we got out. It was a beautiful day.

I watched Ana walk off.

"Hey, you gonna wait for me?" I called out.

She turned around smiling "Sorry Matt, I've just actually never been here."

So we walked out onto the pier, not talking.

Ana sat on a seat and was looking around.

"It's really pretty Matt."

I nodded in agreement,  I wasn't looking at the view,  I was looking at Ana.

She stood up and walked to the rail and looked down.

I walked over next to her.

She turned to me "What's wrong Matt? Your not being you, your being so quiet. Did I do something?"

She had spoken so quietly and she looked worried.

"No, not at all, there's nothing wrong." I told her.

I could tell by the look on her face that she didn't believe me. What I wanted to tell her was that I think I was in love her.

She was still looking at me, trying to read my expression.

Oh for godsake Matt, just do it.

I reached out and touched her face and she smiled at me.

I left my hand on her face and I leaned over and brushed my lips across hers.

I pulled back and looked at her, she reached up and put her hand over mine.

I smiled at her and with my other arm I reached out, put it around her waist and pulled her to me.

She reached up and put her hand in my hair and smiled back.

"Can you do that again?" she whispered.

Um yes I could.

So I kissed her and then I kissed her again.