Chapter 33

Anastasia's POV

I was devastated.

I was devastated at my mom and dad's reaction and I was devastated at Matt's reaction.

I watched him drive off with tears on my cheeks.

"What did you expect Ana?" Mom asked "He has seen Jake put you through a lot and then you turn around and say your going to marry him."

"Mom, I told you, I haven't said yes,  I don't know what I want but I at least thought I might get a little support from someone. " I cried. "Maybe someone who could help me make a decision."

"Honey only you can make a decision,  we can't tell you what is right for you, now come here."

I went to her and she hugged me.

"Now if you ask me, if your asking for my help, well I think maybe you already know the answer." She said kissing my forehead.

I spent the rest of the afternoon with mom and she refused to discuss Jake anymore.

I spent the night at home, I'd tried to call Matt on several occasions but he was rejecting my calls.

Jake tried to call me several times but I rejected his calls.

I went to bed absolutely miserable,  I wanted to talk to Matt but I was pretty sure he was done with me.

I eventually fell asleep but my phone ringing woke me up.

I rolled over. It was 3.27am.

I picked it up, it was Matt.

"Hello." I said.

"Ana, I need to tell you something." and the line went dead.

"Hello....Hello." He'd sounded drunk.

I hope he's ok,  I thought laying back down, but he sounded really drunk.

That was it, I was going over there.

I got dressed and drove there. I pulled up and all the lights were on and the front door was open.

"Matt." I called out as I walked in, there was nobody here.

I closed the door behind me and walked to his bedroom.

There he was, passed out sideways on the bed with his phone in his hand.

"Matt." I said shaking his shoulder.

His eyes flew open, "What." he mumbled.

"Get into bed." I whispered.

He dragged himself up the bed, I don't think he was actually awake.

I took his shoes off and put his phone on the bedside table.

I went back and locked the doors and turned the lights off.

I took of my shoes and crawled in bed beside him.

I layed there looking at him, he was completely passed out.

I reached out and put my hand on his chest.

I'd made my decision,  I couldn't marry Jake.