Chapter Three

Nico

I had really bad anxiety when I had to go back to my cabin that night. I tried to stay away for the rest of the day because Jason ok me they knew now. Which meant Hazel knew. And he said she didn't freak. But at these time, she didn't say anything supportive. She was just in shock.

She didn't even look at me when I got back. Hazel had been in the living room, just reading. Normally she'll look up and say hi or talk to me for a minute.

Didn't move an inch.

That kind of hurt.

Because over the next few days, that's how it was. She never yelled at me or lectured me. She just ignored me. Acted like I didn't exist. And had I not had Percy there to help me with that, it would've been ten times worse and I would've had a meltdown. But he kept me level headed and insisted that she's just going through shock. His mom did the same thing. That's why he's not home right now. He came out to them and he's giving them time to get through the shock before going home so he doesn't have to deal with being ignored. So it's normal, I guess.

Which, that helped a little. Not much. The others didn't really say much, either. Leo did, he was about it. Everyone else just distance themselves from me. Which kind of hurt.

Because suddenly I went from having a lot of friends back to having like one friend in a day. Jason didn't choose to be distant, but he was trying to reason with Piper and yeah.

It sucks.

After about four days, I stopped sleeping in my cabin because it was hopeless. I just moved in with Percy and yeah. I was happier that way. Hung out with Grover and Thalia. They were chill about it. Somehow, I guess they just figured out I was gay a long time ago like Percy did. So it was the five of us. Grover, Thalia, Leo, Percy, and myself.

It was like that for a long time. And I don't mean a week weeks.

I'm talking six months until from that group said anything to us. And it was literally just them saying happy six months. That's a long time.

It was weird. Because like we just stopped hanging out and even Leo stopped hanging out with them. Camp just started to suck.

I missed my friends. I missed my sister. And of course, I still had a few friends. I have my boyfriend that I love to death.

But I can feel their glares and it kills me. How they don't approve.

And I just don't get it. Why am I any different than Leo? I don't hit on every guy I see, I just so happen to like men. I'm gay, not a stripper.

It just sucked sometimes.

Leo

Normally, I don't talk to them anymore. But there's an occasion here and there where we do talk. I was doing arts and crafts. Frank and Jason we're in there. I still don't get why Jason stopped talking to us. He helped Nico until he got a boyfriend. After that, he said fuck you. Frank has yet to actually say anything he's just trying to make sure Hazel won't kill Nico, I think.

Either way, they started to talk about it. Not knowing I was there at first.

"I don't know what to think about it anymore." Frank remarked, shrugging as he continued his pot. "There's so many stories I don't know which one is the real one, either. It's just weird when they're not around, you know?"

"Oh, totally, yeah," Jason agreed with Frank and stopped whatever he was doing. "I mean, one, I felt really bad for Nico because I always told him it would be fine because I'd you went by Leo, it should've been fine.  But they started treating them like freaks and then because of that, Leo left and like... Yeah, I get it."