Chapter Two

Nico

Dinner started off a little weird. It was silent at first. But once we got to talking, we didn't stop. It actually made a lot more sense as to why he didn't talk to me.

But this turned out as a date because fun fact, he did like me. And we got back to my cabin because it was late and we agreed that we weren't going to deal with Hazel.

It was a night, trust me. I won't go into detail.

But the next day, of course, Jason was up my ass about it. And of course he has to ask.

"Was he any good?" The son of Jupiter asked me. "Last night?"

I gave him a weird look. I knew, but he didn't need to know what we did last night.

"Even if I knew," I responded, "why would I tell you, Jason? You have a girlfriend. Enjoy her in bed."

He turned red as I walked away to get food. Which just so happened to be when Percy went up to get food.

We were smart and left his cabin at different times because I'm not out. I left out the back earlier and pretended to wake up in my cabin because Hazel was still there. She hasn't asked yet. Why I was gone.

He gave me a hip bump as he just piled pancakes onto his plate. His stomach is an endless pit, I'm convinced.

"Are you sore?" Percy asked me, referencing to last night, giving me a smirk.

"Not as much as you," I remarked, "your walk is starting to give you away. I'll just have to go easier next time."

"If people ask me, it doesn't mean I have to out you." The son of Poseidon explained, taking one last pancake. "I can make up some crap about a guy at school. You think I've never had to cover for guys at camp before? Trust me, Annabeth wasn't my first. We never even had sex."

I gave him a hesitant look.

"For the sake of you not telling me more," I responded, unsure if I should believe that story, "I'm going to believe you and go sit with my sister for breakfast."

Walking over to my table, Hazel had just started eating. And we didn't say much at first. Once she was almost done with her food, she spoke up.

"What we're you doing last night?" Hazel asked me, knowing it wasn't common for me to just go out for a night. "I don't remember you saying anything about going out for the night."

"It was last minute," I decided that she should know like half of the truth. I didn't have to tell a total lie. "After that meeting, Percy texted me wondering if I wanted to hang out and patch things up. So we went to the city for a while and it was late when we got back. The lights were out, so I assumed you were sleeping."

"Probably," she responded, slowly nodding her head. "You guys are chill then?"

"I think so, yeah."

"That's good," my sister said, taking another bite of her food. "The less everyone argues, the best. Especially now that Percy and Annabeth broke up. Did he tell you why?"

I shrugged.

"Just a little bit of everything," I told her what I knew. "They were too good of friends to date."

Well today was the first day that battle regulations were lifted from camp for the first time in a year and a half. So all new Demigods and Romans that we're here finally get to see what Camp was like when we get to have fun. When it's regular activities. We haven't had arts and crafts or any educational classes in a year and a half. It's been constant training.