Arranged Love: Juliana's Story - Chapter 9

Just a quick little note here. No offense is meant to those who are goth, one of my best friends is a  goth and my sister is kinda goth. It is just one of those things we kid each other about. All is said in a kidding manner and is something friends and I joke about. No offense is meant in any part of this story. Thanks you.  Alright read on and enjoy. =)  

******~~~~~~******~~~~~~~*****~~~~~***** 

Arranged Love: Juliana's Story

Chapter 9

Gabriel came marching over all in an angry huff while Koran just continued to push Tina and me on the swings. I chose the park for this very reason, cause I know Gabriel and how stupidly furious he gets when mad so to keep everyone alive I figured a public family place would be the right move. By the look on Gabriel's face I'd made the right choice.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Gabriel seethed out in a voice full of venom towards Koran. Oops, I forgot to mention that Koran was going to be here when I texted him. My bad.

"He is my moral support and as of sometime next week Cristina’s father. He has every right to be here, besides that I need someone to hold Tina while I kick your as...butt all the way to Pluto." I growled back at him. I did a quick mental check to make sure that I had my lighter in one pocked and my Side Kick Xross Bar Lock knife in the other. I wouldn't threaten him with the knife it unless I absolutely had to.

"I have nothing to say to him." Gabriel growled back at me. Through all of this I had yet to actually get up, I was still on the swing with my daughter and Koran pushing us.

"Whatever, you're not here to talk to him but to me." I replied as I noticed attention was being drawn towards us as we argued on the verge of shouting at each other. "Sit down and keep your voice down unless you want someone to call the cops."

"What do you want Ana?" Gabriel said defeated as he sat down on the swing next to me.

"Just want to know why in the world you felt the need to yell at Koran yesterday after you left us all at the park. So why did you yell at my fiancé?" Just as I ask the all important question Tina feels the need to cry for a bottle. Koran chuckled as he came around to pick Tina off my lap.

"Come féach cailín leanbh daidí agus beidh muid ag glacadh tú cúram a fháil. (Come see daddy baby girl and we'll get you taken care of.)" He told her in Irish. Soon they were heading back up to the car where the diaper bag was. Once they were out of sight I turned to Gabriel and could see his anger rising up again. I know he doesn't understand Irish so it must have just been from the action. He gave me an accusing look like somehow this was my fault. I shot him try it and you're dead look in return.

“Well, the answer is?” I was losing all patience with him and was seriously considering using the knife option.

"What do you want me to say, Ana?" Anger and jealousy flashed in his brown eyes, the same eyes that once held me hypnotized whenever I looked into them, the same eyes the use to be so kind and alive.

"It's not what I want you to say stupid. I just want to know when my best friend became such an ass." I gripped tighter onto the chains of the swings as my anger rose. He sighed and stared off into the sky.

"El día le perdí. (The day I lost you.)" He whispered so softly that I almost didn't hear him.

"¿Qué quiere decir usted con esto? (What do you mean by that?)" I was completely confused. We had broken up before I even knew I was pregnant with Tina, so over a year now and I am just now hearing shit like this?

"Su cumpleaños era el día le perdí. Yo siempre esperaba usted y yo podría hacer el trabajo de cosas. (Your birthday was the day I lost you. I had always hoped you and I could make things work.)"