Arranged Love: Juliana's Story - Chapter 14

Arranged Love: Juliana’s Story

Chapter 14

I was on pins and needles the entire day. I was so freaked out about dinner with Koran’s family so much so that I was seriously contemplating calling Gabriel and see if he would watch Tina. Than again that probably wasn’t a good idea either since I’ve yet to let him see Tina and he hasn’t seen her since the court date for the adaption. He had no legal right to force me to let him see her and had been lucky all this time that I had been letting him see her. Asking him to watch her could be as bad as tonight’s disaster and there was one thing I really didn’t need was a disaster from Gabriel.

The day passed quietly with the exception of my nerves which continually spoke up about tonight. Koran was at the office all day so that just left Tina and I at the house. I got the shopping done and some other errands done so I would have the weekend free. After tonight I was going to need a weekend to recover. I was going insane with worrying and trying to predict the out come of tonight. I’d warn Koran that if left alone thing could get a little out of hand which I was right about since I burnt lunch, burnt some cookies and managed a small burn on my left arm. Things that all happened because my mind was else where.

I was in the bathroom bathing Tina when Koran finally came home. I was already showered and my hair was done so I just needed to get Tina and myself dress for tonight. Koran came into the bathroom just as I’d finished up washing Tina and was picking her up out of the tub. Koran held the towel out towards us and wrapped her up as I set her in his arms. It was odd that I never gave a second thought to placing Tina in his arms like I did whenever placing her in Gabriel’s arms. Maybe it was because I knew she was the safest in Koran’s strong arms. I smiled watching him gentle dry her off.

“What happened?” He asked grabbing my wrist to hold my arm out for a better look. He had just finished drying Tina and had noticed the gauze on my arm.

“I told you it wasn’t a smart idea to leave me alone today. I got burnt while attempting to make cookies which also got burnt.” I sighed and tried to pull my wrist out of his grasp. I couldn’t he held it gentle but his grip was strong creating this cuff around my wrist.

“Your that worried about this dinner?” He asked gently leading me out of the bathroom and back into my room.

“Yes, Kor I don’t know your family and if they are anything like mine this could get messy. It took the entire 9 months I was pregnant with Tina for my family to finally get over it.” I said defeated while sitting down on my bed as Koran handed Tina back to me.

“It’s going to be okay Jule. No matter how my parents react it can’t change the fact that my brothers and sister-in-law adore Tina. It also can’t change the fact that we’ll be getting married and that Tina is my daughter. There is nothing for you to worry about.” He said kneeling down in front of me. He had reach up a hand and ran his finger tips along my jaw line. I smiled and nodded my head.

While Koran dressed Tina in the outfit I had picked out I headed into my walk in closet to start getting dressed. My outfit was almost the same as the first dinner I went to with his family, the skirt and shoes where the same but with a different shirt. The shirt was a pretty dark blue fitted silk tank top since the nights were hotter now that is was late June. School would start back up soon and this year was going to be hard to juggle what with Tina learning to crawl and being awake most of the day now. Thankfully it was my last year and I would have my Bachelor's degree though I didn’t know what I would do once I graduated. If I was back home then that would be simple once I graduated I’d be heading off to the western slope to work in the forestry department but things changed and I had no idea what I would do now. Oh well that is a worry for later right now there was a whole disaster to attempt to void. Walking out of the closet now dressed for the night I saw Koran playing with Tina. I smiled while heading over to the vanity to apply my makeup.