Cheater! Sting x Pregnant! Reader | Why? | Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Thanks" Sting sealed the letters up and handed it to her. "To the other guilds"

"Of course~"

With that, she left his office. As soon as she was out of his sight, the girl scowled nastily, stomping her foot on the ground.

"[Name] this, [Name] that. Why is she so important anyway?" she snarled, ripping the letters in half and shoving the remains in her pocket. "She's never coming back. I'll personally make sure that she's buried in the ground"

She walked out of the guild, making her way back to her apartment.

Rogue stood behind the wall, silently contemplating what he should do. After everything he's heard, it seemed as if she was the one to blame for [Name]'s disappearance.

Rogue decided against telling Sting and followed the girl himself, in the shadows. If Sting were to find out, who knows what rash decisions he would make.

He followed her to an apartment and watched her go inside, up to the third floor. He watched from the shadows as she came out of the doors, a letter in her hand. All scrunched up and ripped in places.

She threw the letter on the ground and left in the direction of the train station. Rogue walked over and picked it up, reading over the contents.

His eyes widened slightly as he hurried back to the guild to warn Sting. He recognised that handwriting. It was [Name]'s. A letter for Sting.

The only reason why she would have it is because she stole it before Sting had the chance to read it.

∞∞∞

A girl laid in a bed of white, exhausted and unmoving. Her chest rose up and down as she slept peacefully.

The hospital was filled with chatter and noise. It was always very busy and loud.

It was often filled with mages who had made mistakes on their jobs so it wasn't considered odd at all to find a mage with a guild mark in the hallways and beds of the hospital.

Their guild mates would visit as well, all checking in every few seconds to make sure that they were alright.

That was why none of the staff questioned the girl who went into [Name]'s room. They assumed that because they were in the same guild, it would be alright.

That is why you can't assume.

The girl walked inside the room quietly and saw [Name] on the bed, fast asleep. She looked at the poor girl with a look of pure hatred and loathing.

"Why is it you? Why are you so adored?" She asked, venom lacing every word that she spoke. "I don't get it! What the hell is so special about you anyway?!"

The look in the girl's eyes changed into one of sadness as she walked closer towards the bed. She saw the newborn child in the cradle and clenched her teeth.

"You're pitiful. Ugly. Undeserving" she continued to speak to herself, as if saying all the horrid things towards [Name] would make herself feel better. "You didn't even tell Sting about the child yourself. You think that a letter will be enough? Didn't I tell you to stay away from my Sting? It's your fault. All your fault"

The girl with bloodlust in her eyes stood by [Name]'s side, holding a small vial of liquid. The dark liquid inside was bubbling.

"But don't worry. You'll be gone soon enough. The next time Sting sees you, you'll be in your coffin and he'll finally see me" she sadistically smiled, uncapping the small vial while giggling slightly. "It's your fault you sent the letter to Sting. You concealed yourself well [Name]. Even I couldn't find you. The whole guild was looking for you. Don't worry, I'll be sure to take your place"

The girl reached out to pour some of the liquid in [Name]'s mouth but before she could do that, the doors swung open, making her stop in her tracks.

The baby in the cradle started to cry at the loud noise, causing [Name] to stir. The girl retracted her hand and turned to see who it was. 

Minerva stood there glowering at her, with Sting right next to her.

"What are you doing?!" Minerva demanded, picking up the girl by the corner, completely ignoring the cries of the child.

"Minerva-Sama, wait!"

[Name] sat up from her bed, rubbing her eyes. She was clearly exhausted and still sleepy.

Sting watched the scene in shock, clearly still trying to process the scene in front of him. She was there. She was right in front of him after half a year.

[Name] froze when she recognised Minerva's voice as she spat at the girl who she recognised as Sting's girlfriend.

She glanced towards the door, seeing Sting and Rogue there. Yukino was by Minerva's side, attempting to calm her down.

[Name] immediately looked away and picked up the newborn who was still crying. Almost immediately, it quietened down, going back to sleep.

"W-What are you doing Minerva?" She asked, confused as to why the black haired girl was practically strangling the other.

"What am I doing?! I'm making this little traitor pay! She made you leave didn't she?"

"I... I left of my own accord..." [Name] looked away, recalling the memory. Tears pricked at the corner of her eyes. "After she told me that she was S-Sting's girlfriend..."

"Sting. You should sort this out" Rogue said, walking past and reaching a hand to stop Minerva from killing the girl in the hospital. "We'll take her to the magic council for attempted murder"

"Yes Sting-Sama. The two of you should talk alone" Yukino agreed, attempting but failing to help Rogue drag Minerva away. He did most of the work.

The four of them eventually left, with the girl white faced. All the blood had drained from her face the moment Minerva walked in.

Sting crossed the room in a few short strides. [Name] flinched as he came closer, she placed the newborn into its cradle.

Sting didn't say anything as he reached to hug her. His arms wrapped around [Name], gently yet tightly. Treating her as though she could break at any moment.

"I should've seen it... I should have protected you better..." Sting whispered, voice on the verge of breaking. "I should've paid more attention... I nearly lost you... I'm sorry... so sorry [Name]..."

[Name] was still confused about everything but she slowly returned the hug. She knew that there must have been an misunderstanding.

But now, all she cared about was that he still cared for her.

"The baby... you had it?" He asked hesitantly.

"He's yours Sting" [Name] told him assuringly. "Both of us are safe now"

"[Name]... please don't leave my side ever again. I treat you better. I promise that I'll never let you go again... I love you"

"And I love you too"

[Name] didn't know why everything happened but she accepted it.

After all, everything happens for a reason does it not?

~~~ End ~~~