Chapter 3.

The next day Jeff doesn't turn up to breakfast. Before you pack you stand outside his bedroom door, deciding whether or not to knock. In the end you leave it and pack. It took you three hours to pack, making sure you leave pjs and clothes for that night and the next day.

Jeff still wasn't downstairs so you actually knock on his door.

"Go away," a hoarse, tired voice said.

"I-it's me. (Y/N)," I said.

The door unlocked and he appeared. His eye were red as if he had been crying. He was just in his underwear which made you blush 100 thousand colours of red. His hair was in a tangly mess. He didn't look okay at all. You nearly started crying yourself at the sight of him. He noticed and held out his arms. You flung into them and hugged him hard. He took you into his room and you sat down on his bed. You hadn't been in his room since you were eight. It smelt familiar. It smelt like Jeff. He sat next to you and sighed.

"Sorry you have to see me like this," he said.

"It's okay," you smiled.

It was quiet and awkward for awhile until Jeff turned to face you.

"Don't go," he said.

"What?"

"Please. Please don't go."

"Jeff I don't want to go either but I have no choice. I don't belong here. I never have. You know that."

He gripped my shoulders.

"But you do belong here. You're exactly like us it's just nobody knows your full story. Please you're my best friend."

"I though EJ wa-"

Jeff cut you off.

"Please don't go," he whispers, looking into your eyes.

You look at him not sure what to do, what to say.

"I-I have to," you manage to say and you leave the room and lock yourself in your own room.

********

That afternoon you went downstairs again. Before you left your room you looked in the mirror. Your eyes were red and puffy from crying, eyeliner stained on your cheeks. You didn't want to go either. Maybe you could persuade Slender to let you stay.

You saw him sitting in his chair reading. You stand behind him, contemplating your idea. In the end you just dismiss the idea as there is not way in changing Slender's mind.

You join Hoodie in the kitchen.

"Hey Hoodie," you look around, "where's Masky?"

He didn't look at you.

"It's..... complicated," he said, and took a drink of whiskey.

"Oh."

He had dark eyes and bruise on his cheek.

You grabbed a drink from the fridge and sat next to Hoodie. That's when he broke. Tears streamed down his eyes, sobs as loud as a foghorn. You put your arms round him and hug him close.

"It's okay," you say, stroking his hair (he had his hoodie down), "what happened?"

"I... don't..... know," he said between sobs, "it's....kinda...hazy. We got...into...a....fight...about......somthing. I can't remember. then he punched me."

You'd never seen Hoodie like this before and you'd never thought Masky would hit Hoodie. No way.

At that moment Masky walked in. He sniffed and wiped his nose. He noticed you and Hoodie sitting there.

"Erm uh I'll leave I guess," you said, and slip out of the kitchen.

Youwent upstairs, not really looking where you're going. You bump into something. When you look up you see Jeff, fully dressed this time, his eyes twinkling.

"Hey (Y/N)" he smiled weakly.

"Hi."

For a while he just stares at you then walks past and goes downstairs. You go back to your room and cry again. You didn't want to go. You didn't want to leave Jeff. He looked so broken when you left his room that morning. You don't remember how but you end up falling asleep. When you wake up it's 9 am. Time to go. You say goodbye to everyone and Slender helps you go through the portal. Before you step through you look at Jeff. He looks back at you crying and mouths "don't go." You just shake your head and go on through. When you step out you're a couple of blocks away from the orphanage you're meant to be staying at. Your sweater itches your skin as you walk towards it. Slender said they were expecting you before 10 but they don't know about your stitches.

When you arrived you were shown to your room. It was a bunk bed room. The girl you were sharing with was sleeping in the living room. You saw pictures of her on her make up table. She had long dyed blond hair. She had a lot of fake tan and so much make up on she'd be mistaken for a clown (okay I'm exaggerating). You sighed and started to pack. You knew you wasn't gonna like it here.