Chapter 37 (Jealous)

Start from the beginning

"Please a coursemate invited me to her family's charity event,which is today... so i was wondering if you'll go with me?"
She spoke more like a question trying her best to put up her puppy dog face.
Zain's eyes widened at hearing what her sister just said. The truth is she didn't have any intention of going out today,all she wanted to do was to eat and hang out with her family.
"But i didn't ask Malik for permission Aaliyah.. plus all i wanted to do today is just hang out at home and enjoy the day with family ".
Zain said with a sigh.
She is close to giving up as Aaliya is usually stubborn and persistent with whatever she wants. And that puppy dog face she was pulling isn't quite helping her with saying no to Aaliyah.

"You can text or call him and tell ask of his permission, i know he won't object please please big sis. Pleeeeassseeee".
Aaliyah suggested batting her eyelashes at Zain.

"Alright,but if Malik says no that's it. I will not pester him into allowing me to go."
Zain said back taking her phone from the counter to call Malik.

"Deal". Aaliya mouthed with a thumb up as Zain put the phone on her ear to call Malik giving her an eyeroll.

*****************
After dropping Zain,Malik drove back home and turned on his laptop as he got back to work. He thought about calling Amal to hear from her but knowing it's the weekend and how she kept on telling him about her plan to spend the weekend at home in the comfort of her bed with some snacks and movies and alot of sleep,he didn't call her. He has a good feeling that she is probably still sleeping in bed at that time. "Chilling as she called it" remembering how she air qouted the word as she said it on friday on their way home made him laugh to himself with a shake of his head. She's just so adorable and he admires everything about her. One time she's childish,gushing over simple things like a teenager who got her first tatoo at 16 and another time she's all in the ladylike mode,reserved and all grown up.
He felt thirsty and entered the kitchen to get himself some water. He took some frozen yoghurt too making sure that the place is sparkling clean just like Zain had left it as she exceptionally warned him not to raid her kitchen dirty.
He got back to work until it was time for Zuhr prayer. He went straight to the bathroom and performed ablution after which he went straight to the mosque for the congregational prayer.

Just as he came into the house,he heard faintly the ringing of his phone from the bedroom where he kept it. He hurriedly reached to the bedroom so as not to miss the call. Locating the phone on the bedside drawer,he took it and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion seeing the caller Id as Zain.

"Hey habibi.. how are you?".
Zain said with a sweet voice making Malik's ears perk up.

"I miss you,come home now. Lemme come get you".
He said from the other line teasingly.

"I miss you too but no can do sweetie.  Actually i called to let you know that Aaliyah has requested that i accompany her to some family  charity event she was invited to by her coursemate, can i go please".

"Yeah sure Zain. Have a nice time there baby".
Malik responded.

"Thank you. I am blowing kisses your way right now.. "
Zain said playfully.

"Damn woman.. don't make me come get you from your parents' home now".
Malik replied making her laugh out.

Some minutes of husband/ wife conversation later,they both hung up.

"So brother Malik granted you permission to go i guess".

Aaliyah came into the kitchen from the dining area where she just finished setting the table.

"Yep he did.."
Zain answered with a smug smirk.

"Yayy.. it's gonna be fun sis i promise we'll catch fun". Aaliyah gushed squashing Zain in a tight hug almost leaving her gasping for breath.