Five stars

Chapter 15

We headed home in my truck with clean rap in our ears attempting to sing along to the lyrics.
When we arrived at my house I noticed my dad was on the porch smoking a cigar.

He whispered in to my ear filling it with smoke.

"Ack, dad please don't do that again. That really hurt."
"Sorry softy. What's she doing here."
"Dad, I'm sorry you don't like her but I love her! And you can't have a part in what I love. This is my life! So I expect you to apologize to her right now or I'm going."
"Going? Excuse me mister. You are 16 not 18. But hey, if you want to leave be my guest. Looks like I have no impact on you."
"Common Autumn lets go."
"Where are you going to stay? You can stay at my house If you want to. That'll be a great chance for you to have a talk with my dad."

We got in and my face got hot as I saw my dad go inside. I started to hold back tears as they were pounding wanting to come out but, I couldn't do that in front of Autumn. I put the car in reverse and pulled out of the driveway.

"Taylor? You okay? If you need anything just ask."
"Okay." I barley could say this word without stuttering.
"Stop, it's going to be okay."
"I know."

I stopped crying by her sweet comforting tone I've never seen her use before. She leaned in putting her head between my shoulder blade and my neck. I leaned ever so gently on top of her head.

We arrived at her house about 11:30 and all I could think was what if she had a curfew? Her house was a brick, greened porch house that almost reminded me of the house in Up.

"Okay when we get in, I'll introduce you and use your best manners. Just be yourself okay cause they'll love you."
"Yea okay so be a gentlemen."
"You already are one so don't worry."