Five stars

Chapter 8

Championship started and the whole stadium was filled with all kinds of kids from 8th grade. The stadium was black with lights flashing in every corner. My team walked out least to greatest team numbers. I was in the middle, and Clark, Clide, Smith and Aaron was near the end.
We walked to the cages. Up first was Clark on bat, Clide and Smith on first, Aaron and player 8 on second, players 4 and 10 on third, and I was alone on fourth. I can't believe the coach would do that to me. I guess I can show off to Autumn.
She was sitting with my bag on the edge of the fence.

"Woah! Yeah! Go Taylor!"

I just smiled and deadpanned the pitcher. He had the same number on his jersey as me, but I didn't feel threatened at all knowing Autumn was there.
The announcer was calling out on everyone and it reminded me a lot of coach.

"Now Clark steps up to bat, and pitcher doesn't like that one bit."

Clark missed the first pitch, but it came to his left instead of right. He went again, and hit it near fourth. I ran I caught it before the other team.

At the end of the game the score was 7 to 10. We won by three points! We're champions!
I saw Autumn running up with open arms.

"I saw you pitching, and your good."
"Yea thanks, ima' trying to get at least 80 mph."
"Psh, you're past that definitely."
"Ha thanks, if I do that..."
"You'll kiss me?"
"What? You want me to?"
"I mean not now. I don't want it forced."
"It's not forced if I want it too."
"Oh really?"

My "family" came and ran interrupting this perfect moment. I hugged them with shock.

"Ah my boy! You did so good! God I'm proud!"
"Thanks dad, but can you go get me a pibb or something? I just need to get my things together." I winked at Autumn. "I'll meet you up at the bleachers."
"Okay hurry up though."
"Ya okay."

I watched my dad leave, and turned toward Autumn. She was watching me with her blue eyes.
"So, where were we?"
"You were telling me how much you wanted to kiss me."
"Oh yea, sorry my dad ruined the moment."
"This was a moment? Here I'll make it one."

She grabbed my neck with both arms and pulled me down to where I was sitting on the bench. I had her in my lap with her facing me. I put my hand around her feeling the sweat from her last game. I then moved my hands to where they were propping her head up. We both tilted our heads the opposite way knowing what was coming next. Before I could do anything she went in on my bottom lip. I felt her muscles relax and her eyes were closed.

"Son? Get off of her your only 15!"

We stopped kissing and I noticed it was my dad.

"Dad! I'm sorry, it happened so fast."
"Boy your grounded! I can't believe you would pull a stunt like this! You know how mad your mom would be if she was here?"

The baseball team surrounded, and Autumn was still on my lap trying to grasp everything that just happened.

"Okay dad, can we do this somewhere else?"
"Yea sure are."