"It's all good now. Do you want to go into another?" he asked soothingly. I nodded confidently. The others stomped on and went to the next small house. I gulped again and my throat felt dry. I let Eamon go ahead slightly, not wanting to drag him down. But he stayed by me, making sure I was okay. I gave him a glad smile. I might be nice, but I really didn't want to be alone in here. I hung onto his warm hand loosely. I saw that Tara was practically curled into Eric. We walked into the house and saw the usual scenes. I took a deep breath and reminded myself this is all fake. My heart still pumped hard in my chest and my lungs were making my breathing choppy. I took a mental second to calm myself and focused back in on the attraction. 

A few things waded by us like a ghost, making threatening faces while passing us. I shuddered, goosebumps arising from my arms. A few other people did weird things, scaring me but not making me scream yet. We continued to the next house, a scarier one. Eamon held onto my hand tighter when we walked in. I looked up at him, confused. I saw a flicker of fear in his eyes.

"Don't worry, Peter Pan. I'll protect you with my ninja power." I whispered. He scowled at me.

"I'm not scared, Aurora." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I am." I said and curled closer to him because a creepy lady passed right by my arm. I squeaked embarrassingly. Eamon held on firmly to my hand. I smiled at him sheepishly and he ruffled my hair. The light from outside was dissipating quickly, only the moon as a night-light. Things drifted past the group, the others screaming quietly. I felt surprisingly calm, and I had a feeling it was Eamon's fault. I looked at our hands and found myself smiling. I like this. I liked holding his hand like a life line, feeling perfectly safe in his grasp. A big… thing popped out and I didn't even scream. I just gave it a look and kept walking along. 

Soon, my group was through the house all together. We continued through the other houses, me only screaming a few times. By the time we went to the food area we were tired and thirsty. I dragged myself up to the counter and ordered a meal and a pop. Well I also dragged Eamon with me. 

"How about we count this as a date?" He proposed. I smiled.

"Sure." I said, shrugging, but holding back a grin. He stepped up and got my food, paying for it. "Hey!" I scolded.

"It's a date, I pay for you." He reminded me. I sighed and grabbed my fries away as he took one with his mouth, his hands full. I glared playfully at him and he picked up another fry and ate it. "I paid for it!" he teased. 

"You’re my date!" I retorted. His lips curled a bit and we walked hurriedly back to our table. "Guys," I told the group. "We're on a date now, so… act like we're on a date." I said, teasing Eamon without actually teasing him. They all grinned.

"Aw look at our wittle Auwowa!" Chester cooed. I glared at him harshly.

"I can still kick you." I reminded him. He gulped and went quiet. He knows I have strong legs. We all ate, Eamon eating half of my food. I just laughed as everyone said I never let them do that.

"Want to go in the corn maze?" he asked after we finished. I nodded eagerly. We padded toward the large maze and started walking into it. 

"Which way?" I tapped my chin. He pointed to the left one and I skipped- although clumsily- forward. He followed and skipped alongside me. We kept choosing places, having to turn around and redirect often. We came to an open area and I stepped on my toes to see farther up above the large corn. Eamon tried too.

"How about you go on my back and try?" he asked. I nodded and he pulled me easily up onto his back. I crawled farther up and he held my legs tightly so I wouldn't slide. He slowly turned so I could see all the directions. I grinned when I saw a pass. He slid me carefully off his back.