Human; Cashton

I can hold my breath
I can bite my tongue
I can stay awake for days
If that's what you want
Be your number one
I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part
If that's what you ask
Give you all I am

Cold metal on skin. One cut, two cut until he lost count. The crimson beaded beautifully on his tanned skin and a smile tugged at his pouty lips.

"Calum... I asked you to stop this."

"Please Cal, I need you to stop. When you hurt yourself you're hurting me too."

"Marking your arms doesn't help anything, Calum you've got to stop, please I'm begging."

"Your killing me Calum, what if you go to deep!"

"I love you Cal, you're my best friend.. But you have to stop."

Ashton's words rang through his head looking down at the blood covering his wrist and forearm. 'I love you' was making his brain buzz and his heart race. If Ashton loved him, he would realized that Calum loves him with everything he has.

A knock at the bathroom door made Calum stand up and hid his blade in the medicine cabinet, grabbing some toilet paper to wrap around the cuts. "Cal, are you done in there? I gotta take a piss." Michael said knocking again. Calum faked a laugh, wetting his hands like he just washed them and pulled down his sleeves, and opened the door.

"Thank the lord." Michael rushed past Calum and into the bathroom, slamming the door behind himself. With a sigh, he trudged down the hall and into the living room. "CALLYYYYYYY! COME CUDDLE MEE!" Ashton screamed, seeing his kiwi friend walk through the entry way. A small smile made it's way on Calum's pouty lips as he walked over and plopped on Ashton's lap and let the shorter boy wrap his arms around the kiwi's skinny waist.

Ashton nuzzled his face into Calum's back, feeling all of his vertebrae and ribs. He leaned back with wide eyes, tightening his grip a little. "Cal, why are you so boney?" He whispered, leaning his head between the spans of Calum's shoulders. He felt the younger stiffen in his lap, leaning forward a bit. " 'm fine Ash." He said looking down at his hands.

That was the biggest lie he's ever told. Of course he's not fine, he was never fine. He's always been over weight and just plain ugly. He would never amount to anything.. Like all the hate on twitter said, he should just die. He's tried, believe him when he says he's tried so desperately. But just when he's about to slice the right vein or has the handful of pills ready to swallow, Ashton always seems to cloud his mind and be his savior.

Just his name made him feel terrible for wanting to just end it, but that would be best... He didn't belong here.

"Calum I can feel your bones for Christ sake. Are you eating?" This also caught Luke's attention, the mention of his best friend not eating making him concerned. "Shut up Ashton, I'm fine." Calum gritted through his clenched teeth. Luke looked at him with worried eyes. "Are you sure you're okay Cal, you don't loo-" "I'm fucking fine! Do any of you understand that?!" He stood up, pulling out of Ashton's arms and stormed up to his room, pushing past Michael a bit to aggressively. When he got to his room he felt mortified and embarrassed, why would Ashton ask that out loud? Calum was already ashamed Ashton knew he was weak, he didn't need Luke and Michael to worry too. "Fuck." Tears collected in his eyes and he crawled into his bed, pressing his pillow to his face and started to sob. Not sniffles but loud cries of pure pain. He ached all over and he was so exhausted. He was just done, he didn't want to go on anymore.... He just didn't have the energy to. With a a long sigh and guilt pooling in his stomach, he walked into the bathroom with a mission to finally be done.