This is me. 

****

Everyone was helping to clean up after the crowd had left, we were all just chatting, laughing and even dancing as we continued to work. 

"My...My.....My. Is that you? Miss Elizabeth Gray?" A man said, elongating each syllable.

Phillip walked over towards me, almost protective like, as W.D and Anne followed.

"Sir unfortunately, the show is over tonight but if you wish to come see it tomorrow." Phillip said gentlemanly.

"When I heard about a women of colour being a tight rope artist and being in the circus. I thought to myself, it couldn't possible be Lizzy? Could it?" He said as he walked closer, Phillip standing up straighter.

"Sir, you need to leave." Phillip stated, the kindness in his voice replaced by seriousness.

" You have grown since the last time I saw you. But that doesn't seem to be the only thing that has changed has it Lizzy?" The man said as he stretched out his hand to brush my hair out of my face.   

Phillip grabbed the man's hand before he could. "Sir, I am only going to ask once more." He stated, deadpan. 

The man looked at me straight in the eye, his light green eyes meeting with mine. 

" You haven't told them who I am? Hm. Guess it is just another secret you're keeping from them." He said, as his eyebrows raised. 

Why did he have to come back? I was happy here? And now he is hear just to ruin it all. 

I looked away from him before taking a deep breathe. 

"Everyone this is Edward Gray. My father." 

****

I took my father to my dressing room so we could talk. So I could get him out of my life as quickly as possible. 

"Why are you here father?"

"What can a father not come visit his daughter?" He asked rhetorically, as he lit a cigar. 

"I'll ask again. WHY are you here?" I said as if I was spelling it out to a child.

"I'm here to take you back home, Elizabeth."  

My father blow a puff of smoke at my face, much like the Blue Caterpillar in "Alice in Wonderland." Which caused me to cough and swat the smoke away from my face. 

"I'm not going back father. This is my home now." I said, gesturing to the area around me. 

"He is waiting for you." 

"And, as I have said before, I'm. Not. Interested." 

"Elizabeth be rational here. He is waiting for you. He has a large inheritance, as well as several plots of land, a steady job and a large house. What more could you want?" My father said counted the items on his fingers. 

"Love!  If I am going to marry, I want it to be for love. Not money." I blurted out. 

"Lizzy, you can learn to love him." My father said, sitting on the chair at my vanity.

"Father. I ran away because I didn't love him. I will never love him." I cried out. 

This seem to anger my father as he wasn't getting his way. 

"What? Do you think you're going to find love here?" He roared, causing me to jump. 

"Maybe." I said, trying not to show any signs of my fear caused by his anger. 

"What you think that someone out there is ever going to love you? That guy down who stood in front of you? Because Lizzy. Nobody, and I mean nobody, will ever accept you. All you are is a half caste." He yelled at me as he grabbed my arm, digging his nails deep into my skin. Drawing blood.  

Ripping my throbbing arm from his grasp, I clenched my teeth together and will all the courage and anger I could fine. I told him to get out. To which he  obliged.  

His words were ringing in my ears as I watched the blood trail down my arm. 

*****

Phillip's Pov 

I had been standing by Elizabeth's door while she was in there talking to her father. 

As much as she didn't want to talk to me right now, I couldn't help worrying about her.  When Mr Gray came in, she looked terrified - quiet like the time I caught her in the nightmare. 

I could hear him yelling at her, telling her that she will never be good enough. And that just made my blood boil. I removed myself from beside the door and waited outside the front exit. 

Nobody was on the streets thankfully, the protestors went home as well as all the members of the audience. The only sounds beginning that coming from inside. 

Mr Gray walked out of the museum, muttering things about his daughter being a wench. 

"Mr Gray!" I called out to his as I ran down the stairs to catch up to him. 

"What do you want?" He asked, his cigar in his left hand. 

"I'm glad you asked." I smirked. 

I grabbed his collar and threw him up against the side of the museum. 

"Don't you EVER talk to Elizabeth again. Don't you EVER come near her again. Or I am going to do a lot more than scruff up your collar." I threated, each word laced with venom.

I let go of his collar before walking back inside to see Elizabeth. 

I grabbed a cloth from backstage before heading up to her dressing room. I knocked on her door before entering the room. 

I didn't even say anything, I just handed her the cloth to wipe up her arm. 

She gave a small smile before accepting the cloth and beginning to wipe the blood off the nail marks. 

"How did you know?" She questioned.

"My father used to do the same thing whenever he yelled at me." I said.

She looked at me, and for the first time since the theatre incident, with admiration in her eyes. Knowing that someone else has gone through her pains. 

"Thank you...Phillip." She said as she placed the cloth on her vanity. 

Elizabeth's Pov 

I smiled at Phillip and he returned it. It was one of the first moments since Miss Lind's performance that I felt like we were slowly becoming who we were again. 

He left not long after, wishing me good night as he left for the evening. 

I couldn't help to flop onto my bed and smile while my heart began to spin again. 

Maybe there is hope for our hearts?

A/N

Woo! 1900 words :D. 

We now have a shipping name for Phillip and Elizabeth created by @CNCOwner2323

Phelizabeth! 

( I am sorry I didn't post it last chapter, I was that tired that I completely forgot.) 

I am soo excited to write the next chapter and it should be out tomorrow night!!!

Maya