Chapter 39

Hey guys! So I decided that I want to do a Q&A, because I'm basic. So, you can ask me any question you would like in the comments, and I will answer all of them within the next few chapters! Enjoy! -Tara

(Y/n)'s POV

The week is filled with lounging on the beach, and relaxing in the sun. For every meal, a personal servant brings us full course meals. His name was Akoni, and was honestly one of the best people anyone could ever meet.

After a week in paradise, it is time to head back to reality. We pack our bags, and head back to Seoul. After traveling, we are exhausted, so we make it back to the house and collapse on the bed.

The next morning, I wake up and go downstairs to make tea.

(as you could tell, I really like tea...anyone else?)

I fill my mug, sipping it occasionally as I walk around the house. (b/f/n) watched over while I was gone; she watered the plants and got my mail. I see a pile of letters on the table and go over to it, flipping through the different envelopes. Bills, bills, and more bills until I see a letter in the middle of the pile with my full maiden name written on the front.

Out of curiosity, I open it and find a piece of stationary, filled wit only a few words.

(Y/n),

To begin, congratulations on your wedding. I'm sorry that I never reached out to you, but I just thought it would be a bad idea with all you've been through. But, when I heard you got married, I decide it was time. I would like to meet with you, and explain everything.

I hope that you can understand, and possibly forgive me.

I will be waiting for you at The Cafe in downtown Seoul, on Thursday at 10am.

I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Your Mother

I hold the letter in shaky hands, dropping the mug to the floor with a shatter. I look down at the ground, getting flashbacks of the dark coffee left on the floor. I grip the letter tighter in my hand, remembering my father, drowning in his tears, and the divorce paper on the table.

I feel someone touch my arms, and I flinch, getting back into reality.

"(y/n), are you okay? It looks like you've seen a ghost?" Chanyeol asks, hugging me from behind. He looks at the letter in my hand, and lifts my chin up.

"(y/n), go sit down," he instructs.

I keep the letter in a tight grip, looking at the shattered mug, "but t-the m-mug," I stutter out, unaware of what I'm saying.

"I will take care of it, let's go to the couch..." he says softly, leading me to the sofa. He sits me down, touching my hand, "let go of the letter, (y/n)."

I do as he says, and let my fist slowly un-clench. As soon as the letter leaves my hand, the tears flow from my eyes. Chanyeol takes me into his arms, and rocks me gently, trying to console my sobs.

"It will be okay, (y/n)...everything is alright. I won't let anything happen to you...we-we'll get through this together..."

No matter how much I try, I can't stop crying. Questions run through my mind:

How did she know that I got married?

How did she know my address?

Why now?

Why didn't she come to the funeral if she was in Seoul? They were here parents?

Where has she been all these years?

Slowly, the tears die down, and I am calm, slowly lulled by the rocking.

"Chanyeol?" I whisper.

He hums in response.

"Should I go to see her?"

He doesn't answer at first, collecting his thoughts, "If you think you are ready, then you should go."

"Do you think I'm ready?" I ask.

"I think you are ready for anything."

I close my eyes, gaining any strength I have left to possibly do this.

"Would you go with me?"