Chapter 23

Within two days, I have the house set up for sale. I've had a few people call about it, but nothing that is set in stone. With the store gone, and Chanyeol always working, I have a lot of time on my hands. The days seem to pass in slow motion. Each hour feels like a century. 

By the third day, I can't take loneliness anymore, so I call (b/f/n) and ask her out to our ice cream place. She sounds very excited on the phone and says she'd be there within ten minutes. 

I rush to get dressed in dark, ripped jeans, a yellow crewneck and black knock-off Vans. I head out and get in my old car. I haven't driven in it since the beginning of the summer. It seems like ages ago. Thankfully, the smell of death has been blown off and is now replaced with a dense must. 

I make it to the ice cream shop and find (b/f/n) already in line. She tackles me in a hug, almost knocking me to the ground. WE order our usuals and go to the booth. 

"You know, I'm really disappointed in you," (b/f/n) says. 

"Why is that?" I ask. 

"One, you haven't introduced me to any of Chanyeol's hot friends, and two, you haven't called me in weeks. I went by the store and saw that you sold it. I haven't seen you since everything that happened. How are you doing?" She asks sincerely. 

"Well, first of all, I haven't met any of them either. At least not in person. And two, I am doing fine. I've been trying to keep busy. I sold the store, Chanyeol asked me to marry him, and I just put the house on the market-"

She cuts me off, "-Wait a second. Chanyeol asked you to marry him?!" she drops her spoon in the dish, "What did you say?! How did he ask?!" 

"I said yes. And I guess...he just...asked," I chuckle.

"No balloons? No big gesture?" she grumbles. 

"I don't need any of that, you know this. All that matters is that we're getting married..." 

"Oh, heck no! He can't just do that to you! This is one of the biggest moments of you life and he's treating it like a small event! I need to talk to him-"

I stop her, "-no. Please don't do that. I am perfectly fine with how he asked. Please don't get involved. "

She sighs, grabbing the spoon, "as you wish." 

(b/f/n) POV

As soon as (y/n) leaves, I call Chanyeol. Surprisingly, he answers, "hello (b/f/n)." 

"meet me at the south park in twenty." I demand and then hang up. 

I make it to the park and see him sitting on the swing by himself, slowly rocking back in forth. By the look on his face, he's nervous. He stands seeing me approach him and as he opens his mouth I hit him hard on the shoulder. 

"Yah! What was that for?!" He whines, rubbing where I hit. 

"That is for mistreating (y/n)! You ask her to marry her and expect to get away with a 'so let's get married'" I mock his voice, "Well guess what buddy, that's not gonna fly! Where's the romance? Is (y/n) an average girl?" I ask. 

"She is anything but average," he smiles. 

"Then why are you treating her so? She deserves the best of the best! Hot air balloons! Roses! A serenade!" I scold, "Did you even get a ring?!" 

He lowers his head with guilt. 

"That's what I thought. I am so disappointed in you." I shake my head. 

"Then what do you suggest I do?" He asks in defeat. 

I smirk, "Oh Park Chanyeol, I thought you'd never ask..."