Chapter 5: Traverse Town

Start from the beginning

"What?! He/she is not my boy/girlfriend!" we yelled at him.

"I belong to Riku, thanks very much!" glaring and blushing at the same time looked so cute on her. I snickered and she said, "Sora, shut it before I shut it for you!"

"Whoa, Calm down there!" he said, "Anyway, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Do you know where our friends are?" I asked.

"No... sorry, Zola." Piri snickered at this.

"That's SORA!" I blushed and Piri scuffled a laugh.

"My bad..."

Piri looked to the floor, "I think we should look around more."

"We'll find them!" I positively said and she sadly smiled.

khkhkh

Piri's POV

We walked into the second district. Sora stopped and looked around. "Don't know why..." he whispered.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I faced my spikey haired friend.

"Oh, this town looks a lot different than our island." I nodded and walked to a stone railing. I looked down.

"Why, hello, young man," I heard a female voice behind us. Something about her made me feel uneasy, "You new here, right?"

"Um, uh..." he was clearly hearing that same voice.

"No need to be shy around me," she said, lustfully. I growled and slapped away the hand on his cheek.

"Back off!" she glared at me.

"Oh and who are you supposed to be?" I could hear the anger in her voice.

"It doesn't matter! Leave him alone, you freaking wh-" Sora covered my mouth because he knew me too well. I looked at him and he didn't seem to happy about this chick, but he didn't want me to get in a fight (Which I know I can tear this lady's ass apart.)

"This isn't any of your-" the girl suddenly screeched and we looked at her. One for those black creatures from the islands jumped at her and clawed her chest.

The object that flew out of her chest. My necklace started to glow and I held it, gasping at the sight of what came next.

Master Eraqus was about to attack Ven, but Terra saved him. Terra fought him to protect Ven. Terra didn't kill him so Xehanort shot darkness at him and Eraqus lost his heart... gone, without a single trace...

I screamed and Sora ran to hug me. I fell to my knees. I felt sorrow but didn't cry, not in front of Sora. I trembled with fear.

"Piri, what's wrong?" he held me up and summoned his keyblade. I looked to see why; there was heartless all around us. I stood on my own and brought out Rainfall.

"The girl lost her heart!" I said and me and him were back to back.

khkhkh

We walked into several hotels and fought blackies: Riku and Kairi wasn't found. So, we went back to the first district and into Cid's shop.

"Did you find 'em?" Sora looked at me and I shook my head while sighing.

"No, but we did run into these black... things almost everywhere. What are they?"

Cid messed with the toothpick in his mouth, "Damn Heartless."

"Heartless?" Sora crossed his arms.

"Yeah, but I don't much about them, so, go find Leon," he said, "He'll catch ya up to speed."

"Leon... got it!" Sora ran off, out of the shop.

"Ugh, Sora!" he was gone. I growled in annoyance, then I realized he was still a kid. I asked Cid, "Where can I find him?"

"Well, I think he lives in the third district. do you know where that is?"

"I can find it on my own." I said confidently. "I gotta find-"

We both heard a very loud shout. It was Sora's! I summoned my keyblade and ran outside. The heartless was gathering around Sora and, to top it all of, he was laying down in exhaust. I jumped in front of him.

"Sora, are you alright?" he nodded heavily breathing at this, "Take care of yourself!"

khkhkh

I panted as I finished off the last heartless and went back to Sora. He had his eyes closed and he was lightly breathing. I smiled sweetly as i sat by him and kissed his forehead, "You're lazy, little brother..."

"They'll come at you out of nowhere." I jumped up and my keyblade automatically appeared in my hand.

I looked around, "Where are you? Show yourself!"

"And they'll keep on coming." a man stepped out from a corner, "So as long as you continue to wield keyblade and have that power in that necklace."

"Who are you?" the grip on the keyblade tightened and I glared.

"But, why? Why did it choose kids like you two?"

"It chooses whoever it wants to, you bastard!" I pointed it at his head.

"Nevermind, let's just see that keyblade and necklace." I gasped and jumped back.

"There's no way in hell I give you what my sister, MY SISTER, gave me!" I got in my battle stance, "You'll have to fight me for it."

"Alright, have it your way," this dude had fire magic and a gunblade. I looked back at Sora and he still was asleep.

'Leave it to me!'

After a few hours of fighting, the dude shot a fire ball at me. I blocked it and it sent me flying into the lamp post. My muscles were tense and breathe was escaping from my lungs, felling they were in a fire. Blood was trickling out of my mouth and I'm pretty sure I had cuts every where. My left shoulder felt like it was on fire as well. I wasn't the only one who was having a hard time.

"You... you're tougher than you look," he said.

I stood shakily, "I've... had a... few tussles... in my time."

"Aw, you're slipping Leon," a new voice chimed in. My jaw hit the ground.

"You're Leon?" I said, still panting.

"Who did you expect?" he walked closer to a sleeping Sora. I used all my strength to run between him and Flames McGee.

"You're... not hurting... him..." I spread my arms and my legs gave way.

"I think we need to explain ourselves. I'm Yuffie." she helped me up. "Squall, let's go home."

"That's Leon," he said, picking up Sora, "Just so you know, I went easy on you."

I laughed dryly, "Sure you did, Squall."

He glared at me, "Third District is this way."