Ch. 2

"Victoria. Could you help your step-father please?" A voice belonging to my mother said through the halls. I sat up and stretched, "Yea!" I yelled back and went to my two feet.

This is where I lived in. Chores and more chores. I walked up to my step-father. If you are wondering, my real father went away and... Never came back.. My step-father smiled down at me, being an Airbender he helped me bend wind. I looked up to him, but my real father was the one I wanted to grow up as. I hated how I ended up on this planet. I hated my hair. Why was it gold? "Victoria. You seem lost in thought."

"Uh... I was thinking." I said and my step-father handed me some circle disks. "What's this?" I asked and he smiled, "We are going to train." I looked aside, "Again?" I asked and he chuckled, "Yes. Until you get the hang of it." I crossed my arms and puffed out my cheeks, "Why couldn't I be a Firebender?" I asked and my step-father shook his head and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You were born like this. Born into the life of the blonde woman." I glared at the ground, "I wish I wasn't." I mumbled. That's when the door slammed open. My sister, Chie, stepped out. "Mother has dinner ready." My step-father and me looked at another, "Maybe another time?" He shrugged and I walked inside. Chie then closed the door once we were in. We all sat on the floor with the small table in front of us.

Mother sat a bowl of soup and rice next to another. I looked at the rice like it was the only thing around. "Please don't eat all the rice! There's people who need them more!" Chie yelled and I stuck out my tongue, "Then eat faster!"

"Girls!" Mother yelled. We both soon calmed and then reached in and grabbed whatever we can. I munched hard on the rice and hummed in delight. Mother looked up from her bowl. "Victoria. There's something that I need to tell you." I gulped and looked at her, "What is it?" I asked and she looked at my step-father, "Niyol?" He coughed on his food and looked around, "What?"

"About tomorrow's plan." Mother said and my step-father looked at me, "Ah yes." I gave a confused look to mom and him. "What's going on?" I asked and he sighed, "You're going to go to republic city." My eyes widened and I stood, "Really?! Like the one in Baa Sing?" I asked and he nodded. I fiat bumped the air and smiled. My step-father and mother looked down. I stopped and saw how they were sad. "What's up?" I asked and sat back down. "You'll be there for years. You'll only come here for visits." Mother said. What? "Why?" I asked and my parents looked at another. "You see... You're job is to be in the city, and protecting its people."

"I don't understand. Why do I have to stay there for years? I'm like seventeen years old!" I said. Mother smiled sadly, "You're almost an adult now." I frown more, "But I cant just leave you all behind!"

"It's alright, Victoria." Mother said and reached over and grabbed my hands, "You're father always wanted this..." I blinked and looked behind me at the picture of my real father and me as a child. "He did?" I asked. Mother nodded, "Of course! That was his wish... Well before he left.." I felt a strong tug inside my head. "Well... Where am I going to stay at?" I asked and my step-father answered, "You'll stay will the Airbender's kingdom." I raised a brow, "There's another?"

"There's Air kingdoms everywhere dear." Mother said. I sighed. "I'll leave first thing in the morning." I said and mother smiled, "I'm proud that you started to grow up. My little blonde daughter." She gripped my hands.