Chapter 27

"Hermione! Where are you —" Trinity exclaimed, but Hermione continued to storm off away from the Great Hall, "— going?"

"What's up with Hermione?" Manasa asked. "Trinity, watch out!" A seventh year from Slytherin sent a hex towards Trinity, but Manasa blocked it and replied with, "Melofors!"

"Nice one," Trinity said as a pumpkin engulfed the seventh year's head. He and his group of friends stumbled as they tried to get away.

"Thanks, I've been wanting to try that one out. Damn, Filch is coming!" The two girls rushed into the Great Hall and sat down at the Gryffindor table trying to blend in.

"What's got you two in a rush?" Harry questioned after Manasa hit her ankle on the bench and swore loudly.

"Filch nearly caught Manasa using a jinx."

"That Slytherin tried to hex Trinity first! If anyone gets detention it should be him. He'll be fine anyways... sadly."

"I'll have to ask Fred and George if they've got more of those colored orbs like the ones I made in first year. I made some over the summer, but we're not planning to start selling them until we get them to last for months at a time. I have some right now, but I could give the team some to mark whoever tries to sabotage us, or other teams," Trinity said, biting into a piece of toast.

"Aren't Weasley products banned?" asked Harry.

"Technically, since they're not being sold at the shop, they're perfectly fine."

"So, what's with Hermione? She seemed really angry," Manasa questioned, filling her plate.

"No idea," Harry shrugged.

"Well, I'm going down to change. I'll see you and Ron there."

Trinity got up to go down to the locker room. When she got there, Ginny and the Chaser filling in for Katie Bell, Demezla Robins, were already in their uniforms. Once the whole team was in their Quidditch robes, they headed out on the field with the good news of two of the Slytherin players out sick.

The whistle sounded and everyone kicked off. Trinity raced for the Quaffle against the Slytherin Chaser. With the edge of her fingers, she took hold of the scarlet ball and narrowly dodged the other Chaser reaching to steal it from her.

"And the game starts with the possession of Gryffindor. Riddle, yes, Riddle, not Bell, played as a reserve starting in her first year, but she made the team this year. A bit suspicious when you think about it, if you're familiar with the relationship she has with the Captain, Harry Potter," a voice echoed from the commentator's stand. There was a blond boy who Trinity faintly remembered as Zacharias Smith, as Harry had been very annoyed they'd seen each other earlier in the year. "If you think about it, more than half of the team are friends of the Captain. It's even more ironic that Riddle is playing for Gryffindor when she is a Slytherin."

Resisting the urge to send a hex at Smith, Trinity received the ball back from Ginny and threw it so hard at the goal post, the Keeper nearly fell off of his broom, fruitlessly trying to stop the goal. Cheers rose from the Gryffindors and jeers came from the Slytherins.

The fifth time Ginny, Demezla, and Trinity were trying to score, the Slytherin side started to chant, "Show the Mark! Show the Mark! Show the Mark!"

"Trinity! Here!" Demezla shouted as Trinity faltered. It was just enough for the Slytherin behind her to swipe at the Quaffle and nearly get it. She threw the Quaffle to Demezla, and Demezla scored.

After a long time of trying to score, hearing the chants of the Slytherins and the commentary of Smith pointing out flaws in the Gryffindor team, Harry caught the Snitch. More than half of the school cheered while the ones who were not yelled and booed.