Chapter 3

Snape and Trinity walked through the Leaky Cauldron and out back to a brick wall. Snape tapped on the bricks in a pattern and the wall transformed into a doorway leading into Diagon Alley. Shops after shops lined the streets and people bustled all around. Trinity's eyes lit up. She had been to Diagon Alley before, but this time she was going to get all the things she needed to learn magic. Trinity was so excited, she forgot about the earlier events.

"I want to get a wand first!" Trinity squealed excitedly, as she saw the quaint shop appear.

"We'll go get your wand later, it looks like Ollivander's is busy right now," Snape said.

"Aww," Trinity said disappointed.

When they came back to Ollivander's, Trinity had her text books, clothing, and other needed things. She had also gotten an owl she named Twiggles, who had sleek black feathers and large, golden eyes.

They walked into the now-empty shop. There were shelves and shelves of wands everywhere. Since there wasn't anyone in the front of the store, Snape rang the small silver bell on the desk.

"Coming!" called a voice from the back of Ollivander's.

An old man came out of the back room.

"Ah, Professor Snape, Miss Riddle, I was wondering when you would be coming here," Mr. Ollivander said. "Wand arm please, Miss Riddle."

She froze at her surename, but Trinity raised her right arm and Mr. Ollivander started to measure her. Then Mr. Ollivander left the tape measure to measure on its own while he searched for a wand on the shelves.

"Try this one, Miss Riddle. Ebony and Dragon Heartstring. 11 inches, supple," he told her while handing her the wand.

Trinity gave the wand a wave but nothing happened.

"No, no. Not that one," he said as he snatched the wand from Trinity. "Perhaps Hazel and Phoenix Feather, 9 3/4 inches, springy."

Trinity waved that wand but nothing happened with that wand either.

"Not that one either. Tricky, tricky. Hmm. Perhaps? Worth a try. Here, Applewood and Unicorn Hair, 10 1/2 inches, sturdy. Very hard to turn to the Dark Arts."

Trinity took the wand a gave it a wave. A golden stream came out of the wand.

Mr. Ollivander took the wand and wrapped it up and put it back in its box. "Here you are, Miss Riddle. Use it wisely."

"Thank you!" Trinity said as she took the box with her wand. Trinity and Snape left Ollivander's and back into the hustle of Diagon Alley.

"How did he know my name?" Trinity asked, once they were a safe distance from the old, tiny wand shop.

"I'm not sure. He somehow knows everyone. Pure-blood, half-blood, or Muggle-born. Thankfully, no one else was in the shop. That was what I was afraid of," Snape replied.

"Did we get everything from the list?"

"Yes. Now, if you even think about touching that wand to torture Filch, or anyone else, before the first day, you're cleaning my office, classroom, and store room for an entire year."

"What? That's not fair! What if I need to repair something that I may or may not have broken?"

"What did you break?"

"Besides Filch's spirit?"

Snape sighed as he led them back to Hogwarts.