Chapter 18

Trinity's legs hung from the arm of the chair as she read the Daily Prophet. It was mostly the boring things like Ministry stuff, new shops in Diagon Alley, and gossip of celebrities. But two articles at the end caught her eye. She read through the first one called Dumbledore's Giant Mistake. Rita Skeeter somehow found out about Hagrid being a half giant, and exposed it to the public. She got angrier the more she read. Reading the second article was an even bigger mistake.

Harry Potter's Love Triangle
Harry Potter, the second Hogwarts champion, has been spending much time with his "friends", Hermione Granger (who has been mentioned during the four champions' interviews) and fellow student, Trinity Bell. While both girls seem to deeply love Harry, Hermione seems to fancy another. She has been seen much with Harry, most likely fighting for attention, but attended the Yule Ball with Durmstrang champion, and world famous Seeker, Viktor Krum. Mr. Krum refused to be interviewed, believing Hermione is not that type of person. Newcomer Trinity Bell, is also a talented and equally, if not more, beautiful half-blooded witch. Having gone to the Yule Ball with Harry, Trinity might be the one Harry fancies. However, there are secrets she is hiding. It is believed that her parents were followers of You-Know-Who, who placed her in the care of Professor Severus Snape, the Potions master at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry will be devastated to learn this if he hasn't already. Both girls are friends, but don't be surprised if they end up dueling for the lightning-scarred champion.

Trinity wanted to burn it. How did she know? That Skeeter woman is a pathetic old hag so she writes this rubbish since no one loves her. She thought as she raced down the corridors. She slammed the Potions classroom door open and burst into the connecting office.

"What did I tell you about knocking?" her godfather scolded as he looked up with narrow eyes from the papers on the desk. "What is it?"

Trinity handed over the article. Snape read through it quickly, his eyes darting back and forth. About halfway through, Snape turned his head up to her. "Potter?!" he demanded.

"That's not the point! Keep reading!"

He went back to the Daily Prophet. A few seconds later, he yelled, "How does she know this, Trinity?!"

"I don't know! This is why I'm in here right now!"

"Come with me," he ordered, getting up and leading the way through the castle. Trinity kept the same pace as him as he headed to Dumbledore's office. After they went up the secret stairwell, Snape knocked on the door.

"Come in," answered Dumbledore. They went inside and closed the door. "Yes, Severus?"

"Trinity has brought it to my attention that Rita Skeeter has somehow found out about the situation." Snape always referred to her parents as that. He handed the the article to Dumbledore so he could read it.

"She also wrote about Hagrid being a half giant," chimed in Trinity."She has to be spying somehow."

"I see," Dumbledore replied without looking up from the paper.

"Trinity, can you leave for a few minutes," ordered Snape. It was his "nice"way of saying, "Get out of here, the adults need to talk." She reluctantly nodded and went out of the office, but stood by the door to see if she could hear anything. The voices were muffled but she could make out most things.

"— getting darker. If the Ministry knows about her, and he returns..." she heard Snape explain.

"The Ministry will send her to Azkaban," Dumbledore said it for him.

Then I'll just break out like Sirius.

"Without a trial. And if they know she's the heir, it will be much, much worse with all the trouble it caused two years ago."

"It's likely Voldemort remembers her. After all, he did put her in your care, Severus. If what Harry is dreaming is true, about him trying to rise again, he might come for her too."

"She's not safe, Albus! I don't want her to become like them... like me. It's safer if —"

The room was silent for a minute. Trinity mentally cursed since the door blocked the last part. It's safer if what?

"Severus, you realize that will put you at risk. Voldemort will want her as a spy. Someone who has the trust of his greatest enemy. He'll want to find her no matter what. She'd be his greatest weapon."

As if I'm going to turn on my friends. I'd rather get killed by Voldemort.

"As you said, Albus, she is in my care! I will decide how this should be handled! If the Dark Lord returns, I don't what Trinity here to be hunted for!"

What's that supposed to mean?

"Very well, Severus," Dumbledore gave in. "I will have a talk with Ms. Skeeter to keep out of the students', and teachers', personal business... Once I get through all of these Howlers."

Could you please ban her from the school? Or the Earth? Trinity stepped away from the door just as it was opening. Snape walked out, looking more furious than he normally did. He told her to follow him all they way back down to his office.

After he made sure no one was possibly hiding in it, he asked her, "Does he know?"

"Does who know?"

"Potter! Does Potter know?"

"Possibly," she answered, stretching the "y".

"How does he know?!"

"Marauder's Map."

"What?"

"It's something the Weasley twins gave him last year. It shows where people are, and it shows my last name as 'Riddle'."

He sighed. "Does anyone else know?"

"Only Hermione Granger, Manasa Sharma, the Weasleys, and the Malfoy family."

"This isn't good," he muttered.

"Why?"

"The Malfoys know you are alive."

"And?"

"Narcissa Malfoy is Bellatrix Lestrange's sister. And Lucius Malfoy is one of the Dark Lord's high-ranking Death Eaters."

"Oh yeah, I forgot. I have a letter from Mrs. Malfoy asking if I wanted to live with them over the summer."

"You must not stay with them. It's for your own safety. They'll want to turn you into a Death Eater."

"Is this what you were so worried about in Professor Dumbledore's office?"

"It's not polite to eavesdrop, Trinity."

"But you were talking about me."

"You shouldn't worry about something that might not happen."

"But you're worried that it will happen."

"Never mind me, just keep away from Draco Malfoy and Rita Skeeter. We can't have the Ministry investigating."

"Because I'll be sent to Azkaban without a trial," echoed Trinity.

"They'd have to get through me to do so. You're excused, I have to finish grading these papers."

She nodded and left to make her way back to Gryffindor Tower without being seen.