Chapter 13

"Hermione, just because we lost two hundred points doesn't mean it's the end of the world! I've made Fred and George lose even more points before I was even enrolled! Besides, we still have six more years to beat Slytherin," Trinity exclaimed for the millionth time, trying to cheer her up. Ever since they got caught after delivering Hagrid's dragon, Norbert, to Charlie Weasley's friends, Hermione had not been herself. Sure, Trinity was upset the first few days after they had lost the lead to Slytherin, but even she came to realize there was always next year.

"I know, it's just, everyone pretty much hates us. We were about to win the house cup and we let Gryffindor down! Heck! Even Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are upset! And there's no possible way to win back those points before the end of the school year. The exams are only a week away you know," Hermione sighed, staring blankly at the food she was pushing around on her plate. She barely noticed the letter dropping down in front of her.

"Oh great, detention with Filch tonight," Trinity rolled her eyes as she opened her letter.

"At eleven too," Manasa read over Trinity's shoulder. "So you get detention for being out of bed, and your punishment is when you're supposed to be in bed. How do they expect you to learn from your mistakes?"

***********

The four Gryffindors, plus Malfoy, stood in front of the forest as Filch handed them over to Hagrid for their detention. Hagrid explained that there was an injured unicorn somewhere in the forest as they headed into the thick trees.  Then Hagrid split them into two groups, Trinity was with Neville, Malfoy, and Fang; and Hermione, Harry, and Hagrid were in the other group.

"Send up green sparks if yeh find the unicorn. If yeh get inter trouble, send up red sparks," explained Hagrid.

They branched out, Trinity leading the way. She quickly got annoyed with Malfoy's complaining along with his infamous, "If my father heard about this—".  About ten minutes later, she had enough.

"Malfoy, if you don't shut up now, I'm going to murder you," Trinity finally snapped. Expecting a scoff or something, she turned around and he was gone. "Just great," she mumbled. "Neville, did you see where Malfoy—"

"AAAHHH!" Neville screamed and instantly sent up red sparks. Malfoy had snuck up behind him and grabbed his collar. The moonlight had captured Neville's ghostly face and Malfoy clutching his gut laughing his mouth off.

"I wish you could see your face, it's priceless," Malfoy cackled. Trinity kicked his shin as he cursed at her.

"Can't you go one night without bullying someone? Or do you think you're better than everyone else?" Trinity yelled.

"What's going on here?" Hagrid came bursting through the brush.

"Malfoy snuck up behind me, and scared me," Neville whimpered.

"Yeh three come with me," Hagrid fumed, most of it aimed at Malfoy. They followed him back to where Hermione and Harry were waiting.

"Are you guys okay?" Harry asked.

"We would be if Malfoy—" Trinity tried to explain, her eyes darting at Malfoy.

"Since this is obviously not going ter work, Neville yeh come with me, and Harry yeh go with Trinity and Malfoy," Hagrid ordered.

Walking for about a half hour, the trees grew thicker and so did the blood. "What is that?" asked Trinity who spotted something large and silvery lying in the ground ahead of them. As they moved closer, they discovered it was the lifeless unicorn. Suddenly, a cloaked creature appeared and started to drink its blood from the wound. That was when Malfoy screamed and took off with Fang.