Chapter 22

The school year was finally over, and Trinity was excited to pack her things and go back home. She had already said goodbye to Taylor and Nicole at school, but since Sasha lived close to her, they were walking together. Well, Trinity was mostly running.

"Whoa, Trinity! I can barely keep up! What's the rush?" Sasha asked.

"Sorry," Trinity said, slowing down so Sasha could catch up. "I'm just excited because umm.... school ended. Yeah."

"Or is it because you're going back to your wizard school?" Sasha smirked.

"What? No!" Trinity laughed nervously, "You're hilarious Sasha! Me a wizard? That's ridiculous."

"Then why do you have a really fancy stick?" asked Sasha, pulling out Trinity's wand from her bag.

"Can't a girl carry a stick around? Can't it uhh be used to hit people you don't like?" Trinity tried to explain, while trying to grab it from Sasha. She pulled it away and used her height to keep it high up.

"What spells can you do? You're in year 5, right?"

"I said it's just a stick."

"Oh come on, I know you're a witch. Don't worry, I'm a witch too, but my mother home-schools me."

"I think you've hit your head."

"Do you actually think my eyes have always been this bright of a green? I used to have dark blue eyes, but a spell backfired and they turned their current color. I just tell No-Majs that it was a medical reaction and that it's perfectly fine." After saying that, she took out her wand that was under her clothes. "Best way to hide it."

Trinity sighed, knowing she'd been caught, "Promise to keep it a secret from everyone?"

"If I've kept my secret, I can keep yours. So, tell me exactly why you're so excited right now."

"Well... Remember those twins that threatened Eric?"

"The cute redheads? Of course I remember them."

Trinity gagged jokingly and started, "Since Fred and George are the kings of mischief, they offered to escort me back to Hogwarts to see my friends."

"Don't they attempt to message you?"

"Not anymore. Apparently the new headmistress is dictating everything. She's even running through 'suspicious' mail."

"That's messed up, and illegal in some places. Definitely illegal here. I'm going to take a wild guess, but is it about this You-Know-Who drama?"

"Yep. The Ministry of Magic has gone crazy trying to cover up the sighting last year. Almost everyone who is a friend of Harry Potter is being watched too, I'm probably the most suspicious."

"Harry Potter?! You know him?! Isn't he the one who stopped You-Know-Who in the first place?"

"Yeah, but now Voldemort is back and getting his Death Eaters back together."

The two walked in silence down the street, the only sound was of their feet hitting the pavement. When they reached Sasha's house, she broke the silence. "When you get back, you know how to reach me. Oh, and if you want to hide your wand, just do what I do. Have a great summer!"

Trinity smiled and waved as Sasha disappeared into her house. She continued her rush down the street to pack. When she got to her bedroom, Trinity took her bag and started to pack while Twiggles slept peacefully in her cage. As she put the last of her clothes in her trunk, she heard Mrs. Scamander call, "Dinner's ready!"