Chapter 26

"Trinity, are you coming? Everyone's downstairs at breakfast," Manasa asked, quickly pulling on her clothes because she woke up late.

Trinity shook her head and continued to stare at the bed curtain above her, "No, I don't feel too well. I'll stay here. You guys go off to Hogsmeade."

"You sure? Do you want me to bring you some food?"

"It's fine. If I get hungry, I'll just go down to the kitchen."

"Well, I hope you feel better," Manasa said after she pulled on her second shoe. "Dang-it."

"What?"

"I put on two of the same socks!"

"And?"

"It looks weird! Oh well, I'm too lazy and hungry to put on a different sock."

"And how did you become a N.E.W.T. student?"

"I'm hungry," Manasa stated, getting off topic.

"What? Then go down and eat."

"But it's so far. I'm going to die of starvation before I get down there."

"No, you won't."

"Yes, I will."

"Then suffer."

"Wow."

Manasa said goodbye and headed out the door. After waiting a few minutes, Trinity hastily pulled on a pair of jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and shoes. She went down to the empty common room, but then hurried up to the boy's dormitories. Once she reached Harry and Ron's dorm, she pulled out her wand and thought, Accio Marauder's Map! The trunk at the end of a bed opened and a piece of worn, folded parchment flew out as the lid slammed shut again. Trinity grabbed the flying parchment, opened it, and pointed her wand at it to say, "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good."

Using the map, Trinity went through the hallways without being seen. She arrived at her destination, the familiar stone wall in the dungeons. "Mischief managed," she said to the map, then stowed it into her pocket. Taking a deep breath and turning to face the blank wall, Trinity hissed, "Open." A door appeared and she went inside.

The light of the green lamps flickered on the stone walls and the flames of the fire danced up and down. A figure was seated in one of the chairs and said, "You're late."

"You'd be too if you had to wait until everyone was at breakfast. I'm supposed to be sick right now."

"Let's go before anyone spots us," Draco said, getting up from his chair. "I told Crabbe and Goyle to be there after everyone leaves for Hogsmeade."

He led them up to the seventh floor and walked three times in front of the wall across from the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy. The door to the Room of Requirement materialized on the wall and they went through.

"Alright, then. So, what's your idea?" Trinity asked as she dogged the stacks and piles of random objects towering around the room.

"There's a Vanishing Cabinet somewhere in here that Montague got lost in. It's broken, but if we fix it, it will work with the one in Borgin and Burkes. We're going to have a fantastic time trying to find the damn thing."

"We need the Vanishing Cabinet to be easier to find when we're here. If someone else is in here, hide it among the other things," she thought out loud. The objects around them disappeared one by one until only the Vanishing Cabinet stood in the middle of the room and bookshelves lined the walls. "Thanks."

Draco rolled his eyes. "Let's get to work." Hours went by to no avail. Draco had to leave in the middle of their work because he had detention, but came back. Open books were scattered on the floor and the pile of random objects they used to test the Vanishing Cabinet was dwindling.