Petals

It was mid March when Jisung first met Minho; it was an unusual encounter, but looking back at it now he wouldn't change it for the world. The day was a complete mess: first Jisung woke up twenty minutes late prompting him to shoot up and hit his head on the wooden boards connecting the top bunk to the bottom. While clutching his head he made to stand up, his feet getting tangled in the messy sheets and sending him toppling to the floor in a pathetic heap. On top of that, he was the only member in the dorm at the time meaning he had to take a cold shower and rush to the practice rooms. Of course, rushing to the practice rooms gave him a reason to tumble down the last flight of stairs (the only lucky thing being him not breaking any bones).

When he finally reached the bottom of the stairs he realized he'd forgotten his lyric book and had to run up the stairs that had just betrayed him and pray that they favoured him so he wouldn't fall again. Darting into his room, he threw the contents of his top drawer onto his unmade bed (because he was not fighting with those sheets again) until he found his lyric book that was oh so conveniently placed in the bottom of the drawer. He grabbed it and ran, not bothering to put anything back (and he wonders why Chan calls him messy).

Fighting with the stairs for a second time was easier; he'd only stumbled on the bottom step, but the wall caught him really well. He had no time to thank the wall for catching him as he had to rush into the practice room (only to make a fool of himself). The door slammed open to reveal not only Chan, Felix and Jeongin, but five other people he knew nothing of and his face instantly fell.

Chan, fighting to hold back his laughter, tells Jisung to join the group and smacks Felix when he snickers. Already having enough embarrassment for the day, Jisung collects himself as much as he can before taking a shaky step. He manages to take three more steps before his shoelace decides the floor needs a hug and sends Jisung as an unwilling volunteer. He silently curses himself for being so stupid and curls in on himself.

He curls even further into himself when he hears Felix snort followed by multiple other people joining in the laughter. It's only then that he realizes he tastes blood and he silently curses himself for letting his face hit the ground as hard as it had.

Wow, what a great first impression.

He sits up and wipes at his lip when he feels a tap on his shoulder. He looks up to find a boy looking at him, concern etched onto his stunning features. He drops to his knees so his gaze meets Jisung's eyes. He asks Jisung if he's okay in a hushed voice, his finger looping under Jisung's chin so he can get a better look. The boy notices the blood on the corner of Jisung's lip and gently wipes at it, being careful not to hurt him.

Jisung can faintly hear Jeongin snickering and Felix wheezing out 'Does Jisung want Minho to kiss it better?' before there's another chorus of laughter. The boy's gaze softens (if that was even possible) and tells him to ignore them. Jisung huffs and whispers 'what if I wanted you to kiss it better?' shocking the boy, Minho. He pouts and points to the cut to emphasize, but he doesn't expect the boy to smile and lean in. He can't deny being shocked when he feels lips on the corner of his and hears the laughter abruptly stop.

The sensation of the boy's lips on his goes as quickly as it came and Jisung looks at the boy, eyes widened and his lips curling into a small smile. All he gets is an 'I'm Lee Minho' and Felix's strangled 'holy shit' in return; he's left with no choice but to reply with a dazed 'Han Jisung', his heart fluttering as quickly as the flower petals in the gentle spring breeze and his hand grabbing for any source of stability to keep him from falling backwards..

//

Minho's patient and everyone knows that, especially Chan, but waiting almost thirty minutes for a boy two years younger than him is quite ridiculous. Chan proclaims that he's a lyrical genius, but Minho could care less at this point because he could be touching up the dance he'd spent three months creating, organizing, and teaching to the four boys around him (who are also waiting for this master lyricist).