Arguments and Running Away

I don't know why I'm even posting this since no one seems to be reading it. Oh well, what's the harm?

__________________________________________________________________

Percy PoV

As I walked down the empty hallways with Luke on my trail the door to the girls bathroom opened and a red eyed Annabeth stepped. She looked up and started at me furiously I ducked my head and tried to walk past her but she stepped in front of me, blocking my way.

"You think you can disappear for four years without so much as a phone call and get away with it." She asked angrily.

"What do you want me to say?" I replied coldly not looking her in the eyes. I really did not want to do this.

"Oh I don't know maybe 'I am sorry for vanishing without so much as a goodbye and I am sorry for not calling ONCE in the past FOUR years.' Or maybe even ask me how my life has been since you left."

"FINE! How have you been Annabeth? Long time no see." I said in an exasperated tone. Just then the bell rang signalling the end of Lunch and kids slowly started coming out into the hallways.

"Oh I must say my life has been absolute hell just like it was before you left only it was worse this time because my best friend, my only friend wasn't there and I was all alone. I had to deal with all the crap alone while you were chilling here in New York with your new friends."

"You have no right to talk about things you know nothing about. The past four years haven't been easy for me either. You don't know anything."

For a moment she didn't say anything but then whispered "You promised."

"I know." I said finally looking into her eyes before turning and running off towards the parking lot. I didn't check to see if anyone was following me I just ran to my car started the engine and sped away. I didn't care that I was putting my life in possible danger by leaving without Luke. I didn't care that my Dad was gonna kill me. Right then all I cared about was getting away from Annabeth and all that drama.

But even as I drove away I could hear those two words playing again and again in my mind "You promised."

Annabeth PoV

"I know." He said quietly our eyes met for a split second and in that split second I noticed how much pain his eyes were reflecting. All that pain and suffering was too much for someone his age. What happened to him? I thought as he once again ran away. He seemed to be doing that a lot today, speaking of which. Annabeth noticed how the surfer dude- Luke -swore under his breath and tried to catch up with Percy.

Come to think of it Luke had been with Percy every single time she had seen him that day. He had been there when she had caught Percy staring at her this morning, he was there at lunch and he was the one who had gotten up to chase after him, he had been standing behind him the whole time they had argued and now as Percy fled-yet again-Luke had followed-yet again-like his life depended on it. I didn't know why but I just felt that there was something weird about that.

As I was thinking, Thalia stepped out of the crowd and glared at them and told them all that the drama was over and to get lost. She said it with so much authority that everyone quickly left. Thalia walked towards her and said.

"Look Annabeth, I don't know what happened between the two of you before..." she caught herself and then continued after a moment "before he came to New York but cut him slack, he has been through enough as it is and he was just starting to get back to his normal self..." she paused again "look, just please forget about it and go on with your life cause he really doesn't need all this drama right now."

Before I could reply or question her about what she had said Luke came running to us. Worry etched on his face.

"Percy left and I don't know where to." He said to Thalia who cursed loudly What's with all the cursing? I thought. She pulled a cell phone out of her pocket and violently punched in a number. She held it to her ear for a few moment before angrily shoving it back into her pocket.

"Straight to voice mail." She said. Just then Nico and Bianca came up to us. They looked at Luke then simultaneously asked "Where's Percy?'

"He left and he's turned his phone off and we have no idea where he is and his dad's going to kill me." Luke answered.

"Alone! does he have a death wish? We need to find him before something happens come on we'll take my car" He said dragging Luke with him.

"Umm can someone explain to me what is going on here?"

"Forget about it Annabeth. It will be best if you don't know." Bianca said calmly and then the two cousins walked away leaving me confused in the now deserted hallway.

I knew something was going on something related to the reason Percy left. From the way they were talking it sounded like Percy's life was in danger. But, why? I didn't know. Not yet but I was gonna find out.

AN: I had half a mind to leave it there but that's barely a thousand words so on we go. I'm gonna switch back to Percy PoV and there will be a time lapse of a couple hours. This scene will contain major hints as to what happened to Percy, so sit back relax and enjoy.

Percy PoV

It was nearly eleven when I finally got home to see my dad sitting on the kitchen counter obviously waiting up for me. He looked up as I walked in, his expression a mixture of relief and anger.

"Where have you been? And why on Earth would you run off alone and switch your phone off. Do you have any idea what could have happened are you insane."

"I know exactly what could have happened dad. It has happened to me before remember. But it didn't happen nothing happened so can you just drop it" I said raising my voice. I turned and ran to my room. I could hear my dad telling me to come back and that he wasn't done talking yet but I was done listening. So I slammed the door behind me and locked it just in case dad had the brilliant idea to follow me.

I went to my dresser and pushed my hair back. I looked at the scar resting just above my left eyebrow and all the painful memories flooded back. I had another one on my abdomen, just below my rib cage but that was from a stab wound while this one was different. It was more of a brand than a scar a simple A carved into my skin with a knife in such a way that it would stay there forever. A souvenir from my time in hell. I still remembered clearly how painfully agonizing the process had been. I had screamed myself hoarse, begging Him to stop but all that did was encourage him to keep going.

I sat back down on my bed and buried my head in my hands as silent tears fell down my face. This wasn't fair, I had already went through hell and back and now when I had finally started recovering my past had to come back and hit me in the face. The argument with Annabeth had re-opened the still healing wounds and the flashback I had had a little after I left the high school was still fresh in my mind and it felt so real that for a few scary moments I had thought I had actually gone back there but luckily I had been able to pull myself together and snap out of it. But I knew I won't be able to next time it happened and I also knew that there would definitely be a next time. How could there not?

___________________________________________________________________

Well that's chapter three. If you're reading this and think it's good then please leave a comment!

-Scarlet