Four Years Later

Hey Guys,I feel weird saying that since it's only four of you reading it but it's a start right? I was in a bit of a dillema whether to post this or not as it isn't exactly getting any response but then I thought "Eh what does it matter I already have the whole thing written out so might as well post it here."

So there you go the first chapter hope the four of you-and any future readers- like it. Enjoy!

PERCY

I woke up drenched in sweat, my feet tangled in my sheets, breathing heavily. I closed my eyes tightly shut and tried to force the horrifying images from my latest nightmare out of my mind. You'd think that after four years they'd stop but recently they'd started getting more frequent instead. Probably because THAT day was so close. The day that changed my life forever.

After a few moments of trying to make myself breathe normally, I calmed down. I looked over at my bedside table to look at the alarm clock it read 6:30 am. I groaned but I knew that I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep so I got off the bed and walked to my bathroom. Did I mention I have my own bathroom, no. Well I also have a gaming room and a guest room for when my cousins or any of my friends are sleeping over. So, technically it's not a room more like a suite of a five star hotel.

You see my father, Poseidon Olympia owns his own shipping company and is filthy rich. He also has two brothers Zeus-who has his own airline-and Hades-who owns a chain a of jewelry stores. They are both rolling in cash just like dad. Zeus has a daughter named Thalia Grace and Hades has twins named Nico and Bianca Di Angelo. Plus we are all in the same year too.

I am really close to my cousins, we are practically like brothers and sisters. Unlike our fathers who spend every second of every minute fighting about something or the other the four of us actually get along quite well. Though we do fight a lot but it's not even close to how our fathers are. Anyway, they were the only people I ever told about what happened that day. They had been so supportive of me and helped me back on my feet after everything that happened they're the reason I had made any progress at all. Without them I don't know where I would be right now.

I entered the kitchen to find my dad already there sitting on the huge counter eating bacon and toast. I sat down next to him and our chef Guido started making me my favorite breakfast of coffee and blue blueberry pancakes. Let me explain the blue food cause you're gonna be seeing a lot of that, you see my mom once got in a fight with our witch of a neighbor about the existence of blue food. While the neighbor Mrs Stewart, said it was impossible my mom argued that it was. Since then my mom would go out of her way to cook blue food, especially when Mrs Stewart came over for dinner or tea. I guess it just stuck with me even after all these years.

"Percy are you alright?" Dad asked tentatively. "I heard you yelling in your sleep again."

"Umm yeah. Just had a nightmare, it's nothing. I'm sorry I woke you up." I said not meeting his eyes we both knew it wasn't nothing and that the nightmares would just get worse as that day got close. It wasn't a new thing after all, it had been like this for the past few years now.

"Look Percy, I know you don't like to talk about it but remember that I'm here for you and you can always come to me for anything. Okay."

"I know dad. I'll be fine." We ate in silence after that until Luke showed up. Luke Castellan was an agent who had started training when he was eleven and he had been on the run for about an year or so before that. From what Luke had told me, he never knew his father and his mom was a nutcase, so he ran away. Anyway, Luke was eighteen but everyone at school school thought he was sixteen since he was in the same year as me. You see I didn't want anyone to know that I had a bodyguard let alone the reason why I would ever need one. He had been my bodyguard ever since I went back to school last year. It had been my dad's idea and at first I had been utterly irritated but then I had made friends with him and it didn't seem so bad.

"Hey Percy, come on we better get to school." Luke said as he came in. He lived in the guest house and we told everyone at school that he was a family friend who's parents were always traveling, only my cousins and other family members knew who he really was. I got up grabbed my bag, said a quick goodbye to dad and then we were off.

I parked my car and we got out. At the gates I saw Thalia and Nico arguing about something and Bianca standing behind them shaking her head in frustration. I walked up to them and tapped the fighting pair on their shoulders. They turned to me and said

"Hey Percy." Exactly at the same time and we all started laughing as the two blushed. Thalia had spiky black hair and electric blue eyes and was wearing a Green Day shirt under her black jacket and a of ripped jeans. Nico had dark hair and equally dark eyes and was wearing black jeans, a black t-shirt with a skull on it and an aviator's jacket. Whereas Bianca had long, dark brown hair and soft brown eyes. Nico and Bianca looked so different that sometime I forgot they were twins.

"So guys, What are you two fighting about now?" I asked.

"Death Breath here-" She said turning to Nico "won't tell me where he hid my new Green Day album."

"That's because I didn't take it." Nico retorted. I sighed as they started bickering again.

"Guys can we discuss this later. I seriously don't wanna be late for Algebra, Mrs Dodds hates me enough as it is."

"Fine." Thalia said and walked off with Bianca at her side. Me, Nico and Luke went to our own lockers to get our books. Just as I got to my locker I saw a girl standing two lockers away looking at a piece of paper and frowning. She had an athletic figure, a deep tan like she had spent a lot of time at then beach but it looked good on her, her curly blond hair was tied in a simple ponytail. The girl looked up and I saw her stormy, grey eyes staring at me.

A flood of memories, happy ones washed over me and I stared at the girl in disbelief. I had never thought I would ever see her again after everything that happened and yet there she was, four years later looking as beautiful as ever. I wondered if it was a dream, it had to be. For there was no way that the girl standing in front of me was my childhood best friend and the only girl I ever had a crush on. There was no way that Annabeth Chase was here and yet she was.

So, what do you think? Liked it? Loved it? Hated it? Please let me know in the comments. It's boring writing a story and not getting any comments on it at all!

Anyway, thanks for reading.

-Scarlet