First Day and Surprises

Hey Guys,

I don't have much to say today so yeah, here's chapter two. Enjoy!

ANNABETH PoV

I took a deep breath as I walked to the entrance to my new school. The parking lot was filled with students, some who had just gotten there, some were waiting for their friends and some were just hanging out. Quite a few people turned to look at me as I passed by, I guess that was expected as I was the new girl who had joined in the middle of the term. I mentally cursed my mom for making me move to New York .

You see, two weeks ago my mom had showed at my Dad's house in San Francisco completely out of the blue. Apparently she felt bad for ignoring me for almost my entire life and wanted to be there for me more. She asked my dad if I could come live with her in New York and of course he more than happily agreed. I didn't even get a say in it which completely sucks and before I knew it I was already settled in my mom's penthouse.

So, now here I was. Maybe it could be a good thing. After all my life back home wasn't exactly great. I was the school nerd and didn't have any friends, my brothers and step mom hated me and my dad completely ignored me. The only good thing in my life had been Percy and when he disappeared all those years ago right after he promised that he'd always be there for me, everything just went downhill. But that was all in the past, I had just gotten a chance to start fresh and I was gonna make the best of it.

As I reached the entrance, I saw a girl with spiky black hair and punk style clothes arguing with a scrawny, pale, emo-looking kid with dark hair. Another girl with beautiful dark brown hair was standing to the side looking annoyed. I shook my head and went to the office to get my schedule.

The lady at the office handed me my schedule and I looked at it as I walked to my locker.

Annabeth Chase's Schedule:

Entry: 8:10-8:20

1st Period: Algebra, 8:20-9:13, Mrs Dodds

2nd Period: English, 9:18-10:11, Mr Gold

3rd Period: World History, 10:16-11:09, Mrs Smith

Lunch: 11:14-12:07

4th Period: Biology, 12:12-1:05, Mr Williams

5th Period: Physical Education, 1:10-2:03, Coach Hedge

6th Period: Greek, 2:08-3:01, Mr Brunner

7th Period: Architecture, 3:06-4:00, Miss Fuller

As I was reading this I felt like someone was staring at me. I looked up to see a boy around 6'3 with a swimmer's build and raven black hair staring at me from two lockers away. He was wearing a simple blue shirt under a leather jacket with a pair of Denims and black converse. A pair of sunglasses hid his eyes from view. He stared for a couple more seconds before turning to his locker, shoving a book into his backpack he closed his locker and rushed in the opposite direction of me. A blond haired guy with blue eyes that had been standing with the other guy gave me a confused glance and then disappeared in the crowd to catch up to his friend.

I felt confused and strangely nostalgic. I don't know why but the raven haired boy had seemed so familiar, like I had known him once upon a time. I sighed and pushed the thought out of my mind. I needed to get to class or I was going to be late and that was not something I wanted happening on my first day here.

After wandering around for a few minutes I finally got to my first class and took a seat in the middle of the room. The spiky haired girl I'd seen this morning was sitting on the seat next to me and was talking to the brown-haired girl who was sitting in front of her. Just then the teacher came in, she must have been around fifty years old and was wearing a leather jacket. She looked mean enough to ride a Harley right into your locker. The moment she entered the room everyone fell silent, obviously scared of her.