Chapter Thirty-eight

"Only a few hours remain. Begin the countdown." Doctor Woods turned away from his assistant, an evil grin painted across his face. "Soon, the rapture will begin. And the chosen shall rise to the heavens".
After pressing a few buttons on his laptop, he sat back, lacing his fingers, his glasses shimmering in the low light.

                             ****
"Woah!" My shoulder blades throbbed as I was thrown against a window.
"I've got this!" Neo leapt into the air, ripping a pipe off the wall, and in the same motion, throwing it at the electric gate. The pipe punctured the box with a zap and it burst, the electric wires deactivated.

"Damn dude. Nice moves!" I fist bumped him and he laughed.
"I told you I had it, trust me next time". He said, following me through the gate.

"It's about time you two. Now get me out of these damn restraints." Cole struggled against the titanium bindings.

"Alright, step aside, I've got this one." my blade appeared promptly and I gripped it with two hands, raising it up. "Here goes." I slashed down, cutting clean through the bind. Cole ripped his arm free, gripping the next one tight and snapping it.

"Thanks again." He nodded to me. "You guys okay? What happened to everyone?"

I rubbed my eyes. "Well, long story. I'll explain on the way." He replied with a nod and we all took off once more down the hall.

"Attention all staff, heaven's gate will open in approximately 6 hours. The materia flow has reached maximum. Be advised, power fluctuations may occur. Thank you for your service. May the new lords light guide you." the intercom shit off with a buzz and click. Leaving us, the merry band of escapees, with looks of horror.

*Sorry for the short chapter, I know it's been a long time and I've been meaning to post this, anyway I'm going to try to ease back into this, I really want to get this done. Anyway, thank you for being patient with me!*