Prologue

*Third person P.O.V.*

Her long jet black hair slowly floated down as she dropped face first into her pillows. She felt frustrated and angry, so she let out an ear retching scream. She was muffled by her pillows. Though you wouldn't know what she was so upset about unless-

"Would you shut up? I'm trying to mourn in sadness because my heart is dying."

Let's just do the flashback.

Flashback Time! *Kylee's P.O.V*

My over eccentric friend, Maddie shook me in excitement. She was smiling and shaking like she could explode at any moment. "Come on, Kylee! Just go talk to him!"

I slightly blushed. I didn't feel well at all. My stomach had butterflies, and I could have sworn that I was seeing stars. I exhaled heavily trying to relieve some of my stress."Maddie, you know about my history with guys that I like."

Maddie pouted crossing her arms over her petite chest. "Kylee you can't assume that every guy is the same." Maddie flipped her blazing red bobbed hair. "Just remember what I taught you. SCS. Straight up, popped out Chest, and Sweet voice. Now go!" She pushed me and I bumped into him. Nathan.

He moved in slow motion as he turned towards me. His chestnut colored hair flowed peacefully over his face like a waterfall. His blue eyes were as bright as the sky on a clear day. His smile was so bright that it was blinding like the sun.

"Oh hey Kylee. You need help with some homework after school again?"

I could feel my heart in my throat. My hands were starting to sweat.

SAY SOMETHING!

"Oh! Uh, no not this time at least." I laughed nervously and looked over at Maddie in my peripheral vision. She pushed out her chest then gave me two thumbs-up.

I slowly pushed out my chest as Nathan spoke. "Okay, what did you need then?" Nathan smiled at me, and I melted back into my reserved position.

Alright. Just tell him. I like you. Three words.

"Nathan, I-"

"Hey Nathan! You coming?" His friends called out to him and I sulked.

"Oh! Yeah, one second guys!" He turned back towards me. "Hey, I gotta go. How about I meet you in the parking lot after school, and you can tell me then. Alright?"

I couldn't speak. I felt like I could explode at any point.

So I just nodded, and he smiled. "Awesome, later Kylee!" He happily ran off with his friends.

I trudged over to Maddie.

"Soooooo?!? Do you have a date tonight?" She was glowing.

Why is she so happy?

"Well, no, but we are meeting after school, so I can actually tell him..."

Her expression changed slowly from excitement to disappointment."Kylee!!! You were supposed to tell him!"

I held up my hands in defense. "Sorry, I can't follow SCS as easily as you."

"But it's not that hard. Just-"

A teacher poked her head out into the hall. "Hey! Get to class!"

Maddie and I both jumped. "Yes, ma'am!" We then rushed to class.

After School...

I put on my other glove as I walked outside. I exhaled heavily and placed a hand on my chest.

The chilling air wasn't affecting me. I was warm because of how nervous I was.

"SCS. Straight up. Chest out. Sweet voice." I started to walk to my car. The fluffy white snow looked soft like a pillow, but I crunched under my feet as I walked.

"Hey Kylee!"

I turned to see Nathan in a jet black peacoat walking towards me. My heart pounded loudly giving me a headache.

He stopped in front of me."So you wanted to tell me something earlier? What was it?"

I stood up straight puffing out my chest. "Oh! Uh, it's just about..."

BACK OUT! ABORT MISSION! OPERATION: PREPARE FOR FRIENDZONING! REJECTION! ABORT! ABORT!

I exhaled, and the cool air formed a small fog from my mouth.

Look him in the eyes.

I looked up at Nathan. His eyes were filled with wonder. "I really like you, Nathan."

A chilling silence surrounded us.

"Um, I'm sorry Kylee... But we're really good friends, and I don't want that-"

I raised my hand and hunched over slightly. "That's what they all say. Later Nathan." My voice was as cool as the air surrounding us. I turned around and walked in defeat to my car.

Flashback over... *Third person P.O.V.*

And that's why she's like this. She got rejected for the 24th-

"25th."

25th time in her life, so as she usually does she comes home, and mourns the death of her heart.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Could you just end this that way I don't feel like complete shit anymore?"

So that's Kylee, and she's a hopeless romantic.

I am in love with this story already, and I've just started it!!! The idea, the plot, and the juicy relationships to come. I hope you all will enjoy this story and don't forget to leave a comment, vote, and maybe follow me if you aren't already. See ya!