Chapter 48 -The collectors

Start from the beginning

"What are you talking about?" Naruto said annoyed.

"You said you wanted to fight me, didn't you? I said I'd fight you right here and now. Are you afraid?" he smirked.

"Sasuke what's wrong?" Sakura asked worriedly.

Naruto smiled, "perfect timing I was just itching to fight you."

"Both of you shut it," I growled. They all turned to me, "neither of you will be fighting, is that clear?" I said stepping towards them.

My eyes snapped sideways as Kale appeared, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Saki," he warned.

"Who are you to give us orders?" Sasuke snapped.

"Don't make me strap you to that bed, Uchiha."

"Saki, leave us be, this was a long time coming," Naruto grinned. "You don't have to worry, I got this."

"Naruto you don't understand what you're saying, you don't know what-"

"Yes I do!" he interrupted me. "Saki I know you just want to protect us and everything but you need to back off!" I blanched at Naruto's tone.

"You think I don't understand these things but I do! And you need to stop treating me like a defenseless kid! I've been waiting for a chance to take on Sasuke and no one will stand in my way, especially you. I don't need you to look out for me anymore!"

I backed away in complete shock. Naruto had never spoken to me that way, I don't think he had ever spoken to someone that way. I couldn't even move as they walked past me and out the door.

"Leaha, I'm sorry. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do," Kale said quietly, putting a hand on my cheek.

"Over my dead body," I growled pushing past him and running as fast as I could to the roof.

"Saki stop!" Kale shouted after me. I ran through the door, practically breaking it off its hinges. I skidded to a stop, watching as they charged up their individual master jutsus.

"No!" I cried. Sakura echoed me as she sprang forward attempting to get in between them. I watched helplessly as Kakashi appeared, throwing the two in opposite directions before they could collide. I could barely hear Kakashi questioning the pair over the sound of my own breathing.

I breathed in quick pants as my rage stormed inside me, my whole body visibly shaking. "What-what have you done?" I managed to get out. "What have you done!" I roared.

"S-Saki," Sakura took a step back.

I glared up at the two, my eyes flickering back and forth between wolfen and human.

"You idiots," I choked out, my throat burning like lava. My jaw locked up, waves of fury and sadness clashing inside me. My mark radiated heat, shooting up my veins and through the rest of my body. Tears streamed down my face from the pain, but it almost felt... good.

Kale wrapped his arms around me as my fists shook. "Calm down! You can't let it overpower you," Kale said quickly.

Me knees threatened to buckle under me while simultaneously trying to retch myself free. I have to get out! I have to leave. I want out right now! I screamed in my head.

How could they! He'll go with them, him and his fucking gift! "I'll kill him!" I growled unintelligablly, glaring at Sasuke. Kale yanked me backward, making me stumble into his chest and freeing his hands. The next thing I know I'm kneeling on dirt and grass; the base.

I threw back my head, letting out a shrill wolf twisted scream. I did it again and again as I turned and attacked the closest thing to me. How could they do this!