Chapter 48 -The collectors

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 48 -~-

I let out another burst of fire, scorching the marked trees. I took a swig of water to sooth my throat. No matter how many times I practised I couldn't quite get rid of the after burn. Both from my throat and my building low burning rage.

While I wanted to monitor him, Kale said I should just let Sasuke get some rest. I listened for the most part, but I figured two days was long enough. I had to stop him from challenging Naruto or there wouldn't be any hope.

I collected the rest of my ninja gear, heading over to the edge of my camp. I shielded my eyes from the sun, spotting the white roof of the hospital. I jumped down from the mountain, going from branch to branch until I reached the streets.

It wasn't long before I stood outside the hospital. I scanned the floors, picking out Sasuke's chakra and climbed up to his window. I slipped in easily without notice, he was too busy staring down at his sheets. I shook my head, leaning against the window sill. "Self pity doesn't suit you Sasuke."

He did a poor impression of a glare, "what do you want?"

"Don't give me that," I pushed off, standing before him. I softened my gaze, "don't let that bastard get to you. They're lies and you know it."

He scoffed viciously, "how would you know anything? You're improving everyday, like Naruto, you aren't stuck like I am."

"Oh come off it. It's only because of you that Naruto beat Aoi," I jabbed him in the shoulder. "Your Chidori cracked the blade enough for Naruto's Rasengan to break it. Idiot, you're just going to work yourself up and frustrate yourself."

"Why can't you just mind your own business!" he snapped.

"Sasuke," I sighed. "You may not see it but I'm trying to help. You have no need to doubt yourself, you're a great shinobi."

"If I'm so great, why couldn't I defeat him?" he glared. "Not even the greatest shinobi in the world can do everything on their own," I met his heated gaze.

"Hey Sakura!" We both turned as Naruto's voice sounded from outside the door. Sasuke took on a look of rage.

"Please Sasuke, I know what you're thinking, but you're making a mistake," I stressed.

He smiled, "then you should know I can't lose."

He ducked his head as Sakura came into the room. "Oh hey Saki, how's our patient doing? I brought you some apples Sasuke," she smiled, sitting in the chair on the other side. "Don't they look delicious? Now where did I put the knife?"

I backed up against the wall across from the front of the bed. My hands shook. No I can't let this happen I can't!

Naruto walked in, "it's right there, what are you nervous cause you're in front of Sasuke?"

"It's not like that! Would you stop fooling around!" She punched him and began peeling the apple.

I clenched my fist, I have to get ahold of myself. I can't let them do this! I jerked my head up as Sasuke knocked away the plate.

"Hey what's going on? Why are you glaring at me like that?" Naruto said.

"Hey Naruto, fight me right now."

"What are you saying? You were just treated by grandma Tsunade."

"I don't care! Shut up and fight me!" His Sharingan activated. "You think you saved me? I don't care if she's the Fifth Hokage, you shouldn't have gotten her involved!"