Chapter 13

"Nothing here yet, although we heard some pretty weird stuff, but other than that we've been fine" said Daniel.
"What are we going to do; we don't know anything about those things let alone how to kill them." Hannah said with fear painted on her face.
"No, we do know something about them. They can't stand sunlight." I said not to anyone in particular.
"How would you know it's night time" Spat Jaydn thinking he was really smart.
"Yes I know, but when I was in the stables they kept in the shadows" I said as a flashback crossed my eyes.
"And when the presumable leader pushed the other he burnt as his hand came into contact with the sun." I remembered. In the eyes of everyone around me was determination, a chance, a sign of hope.

We divided ourselves into four groups. James now bandaged up and his left arm tied to his chest like a sling was sitting next to me while my group and I tried to configure a plan.
"We're going to have our best fire starters to light a ring around the container; our shots will be stationed on the roof of the container and around it. We're gonna need some speed. Ryan, you will lead a group of our runners to collect supplies and ammunition at first light and our stealths will scout out the tunnels to see if there another way out." I said while drawing our positions in the dust on the ground. That night after the plan was devised we each took shifts while the others slept. It was my turn after Emily. I woke just as she began to fall asleep,
"Good night Emily" I whispered as I pushed myself up against the side of the container wall. I clutched my gun against my chest when someone grabbed my hand. I gasped a little shocked until I realized who it was.
"Hey, you alright?" James asked in a quiet concerned voice.
"Yeah, just a little nervous and well scared." I replied in a whisper.
"Don't worry about it; we'll get out of here." He told me reassuringly. I kept hold of his hand, feeling the warmth of his presence calmed my nerves. My hour passed and James took his turn. Propping himself against the wall while I lay down beside him. I closed my eyes as James stroked my hair in a calming gesture. I fell asleep within minutes, falling into the trap of my own imagination.

The next morning I woke with a start, people buzzing around in the small confinement we were all situated in. The sun was up when we enacted our plan, the speed and stealth groups got set up and within a few hours, we were supplied with food for weeks and enough ammunition to fuel a mini-war which this practically was. Emily and James were stationed on the roof whereas I, being the best climber was high in an on looking tree as a spotter. We all had radios and checked the signal, strong and clear.
Danika and Daniel were in the tunnels following one together. This relieves some stress knowing that Danika couldn't do anything to stupid with Daniel watching her. Emily had a few spare moments with Ryan before taking her position and I didn't bother asking, I just let her have that moment to herself. James and I shared a quick moment together as well which I held onto throughout the traumatic night. The sun began to set as blood-curdling growls started to sound from the distance.
"They're coming, be on guard and don't get careless." I called over the radio. A few acknowledgements came across as I prepared myself for battle.