9/11/2001

"Charlie! Charlie!!" Genny came running in the room with their phone in her hand. She looked terrified. 

"Gen, what's wrong?"  Charlie said from a chair. 

"There's been an attack!!!"

"Where?"

"New York!"

"Wait! Weren't  Connor and Daisy departing from New York this morning?"

"That's who I'm talking to!  Their plane was delayed. It's all over the muggle news. Two planes crashed into the"

"twin towers. Look! It's on the Telly Vision thingy."

Genny sat down next to Charlie on the couch. "Connor and Daisy are fine. They didn't know anyone on the planes. Neither did Rolf and Diana." The couple sat in shock of the events they saw on the TV.  

Their three-year-olds came into the room and snuggled up to their parents, not knowing what was happening. Their daughter pulled on Genny's sleeve. "Mummy? When is Uncle Simba and Auntie Spike  going to get here?"

"Tomorrow. Hopefully. Their plane was delayed, honey. Addy, Ricky can you two go get your shoes and Mummy and Daddy's shoes?" Genny asked her sweet children. The kids ran to complete their quest. Genny suggested to Charlie that they go see Harry, to which Charlie agreed to instantly. They grabbed their shoes and put them on while struggling to get the twins' shoes on. They each grabbed one kid and flooed to Grimmauld Place.  Harry was clearly expecting them as there were some new toys for the kids to explore. 

"The Auror Office is going nuts. There was at least one dark wizard on each of the four planes. And we know that one of them had British roots." Harry said, "The American Auror Office has told us to be on guard. We don't know what is going to happen." 

Genny then knew how a great many of the British Wizarding community felt. It had been almost three years since the Second Wizarding War. She suddenly felt the fear she had as a teenager of not knowing what was going to happen. 

A Patronus entered the room, it was Hermione's voice, "Harry, the death toll is now 55 for Brits there. They expect there to be more."

"55! That's insane!" Charlie said. Genny looked at Harry and said, "Harry, I think we should drop the kids off at Molly and Arthur's and all three of us should go to the Ministry. To help out."

Harry and Charlie both nodded and did so. When they got to the Ministry, they went straight to the Auror office. Ron was already there, along with Neville, who was an Auror at the time. 

"The toll is up to 57 now. This is crazy. I-I can't believe this is happening. I mean seriously. Its only been three years and now the world has gotten insane again." Ron said as he busily shuffled through papers. Kingsley then entered the room with Hermione right behind him. 

"60 now. 25 were magical. The Queen has decided to have a ceremony tomorrow. " Kingsley said. "Connor is getting overwhelmed. The American Auror office doesn't know what to do. There are too many muggles on the streets. He says they've started to use their training as muggle first responders."

Genny and Harry grabbed each other's hands, the thought of their uncle being in danger scaring them. Connor had joined the British Auror office as an Auror that traveled between Britain and America to exchange information.

Charlie joined Ron as he was given a list by Hermione of the dead wizards and witches and was told to find out where their family members where. He noticed that many of them were living in America or visiting. Suddenly, they all felt it. The fear that something would happen in Britain. Kingsley looked sadly at Harry and the other Aurors. 

"You guys are going to have to go out and patrol. Genny and Charlie, I give you two permission to stay here and continue looking for the families. Hermione and I will be connecting with Connor and the Queen for information. " He said and they all got to work. Genny and Charlie gave Harry, Ron and Neville hugs before they left, fearful that they might not see each other again. 

10 minutes past before the couple got any more news, "67 is the final total." They heard Kingsley' s voice say.  Charlie turned the radio up as the Muggle Prime Minister began to speak, saying that the UK would stand "full square alongside the US" and that he, along with the rest of Britain was in disbelief and shock. He then said that there would be a ceremony authorized by the Queen in which American National Anthem would be played as well as a remembrance ceremony. Genny felt herself sit down, the whole thing becoming more real to her. Charlie sat down beside her and put his arm around her. 

Harry and Ron came in the room with Ginny and George, who were in just as much shock as Genny and Charlie and had tears in their eyes. 

Ginny whispered, "Daisy called. They knew some of the people that died. She's in a lot of shock. So are Rose and Jake"

"Rolf called the store. He found out that someone Newt knew was in the towers. There was an attack at the Pentagon too and another plane went down in Pennsylvania." George said. 

The six of them stood still. Genny leaned on Charlie's shoulder. 

Genny them remembered something she had to relay to Harry, "Kingsley asked me to tell you that he would appreciate it if you went to the ceremony with him." Harry nodded and sat down, "There's nothing else we can do. " The Head Auror came in the room and said, "You're right Harry. There isn't. The Auror offices from around the world are sending their respects to MACUSA. A lot of people died. So far at least 2000 in total."

"Who did it?" Charlie asked for everyone in the room.

"A terrorist organization. They have both muggles and wizards working for them. Auror Evans says that the US will probably start fighting against them. And I'm sure that means that Britain will as well. Which means that, unfortunately, we will have to send some aurors there. Not you two, Harry and Ron. I need you here. Neville as well." 

Harry and Ron nodded. They would be needed to help restore hope in the wizarding world. They all apparated to the Burrow, where the rest of the Weasleys were. The whole family sat in silence. No one knew what to say. Molly supplied them with cookies and leftovers. The kids, Teddy, Victoire, Addy, Ricky were playing together. 

Then Katie Bell, Fred's wife felt a tug at her belly. She gasped and grabbed Fred's hand, "She's coming!"

And 10 hours later, at 12:57 pm, Sarah Emmeline Weasley, was born on September 11, 2001. Fred said they named her based on the first letters of September and Eleven and after Emmeline Vance. Katie told them they also named her after one of Katie's childhood friends named Sarah who had been killed in a freak accident. 

Harry then said, "It just goes to show, even in the darkest times, happiness can be found-"

"if you remember to turn on the light." Ginny finished with a smile, the shiny ring on her finger rubbing his shoulder.  He turned his head and smiled at her, his excitement for their upcoming wedding returning.