Chapter 18

The Lupins left a few hours later leaving Genny and Charlie alone for the first time in months. They snuggled for a bit on the couch before Genny went up and started making dinner and Charlie worked on Dragon center stuff. Harry came in the door just in time for dinner to be served, much to Genny's amusement. They sat down and began eating.

"Genny! You are an amazing cook!" Harry exclaimed.

Genny laughed, "Yes, I get it from Mum." Harry nodded.

"Gen, tell us a story, one that Sirius told you!" Charlie asked. 

"Well, let's see. Oh! I know. I'll set the stage first then tell the story." Genny started, 

"Mum got a letter and it said her parents were killed. She is currently Head girl and dating a boy named John. When she found out about her parents she didn't tell anyone for weeks. John didn't notice something is bothering her. One night, she sneaks out and goes to the astronomy tower because that's where she does her best thinking. She sits to the side and gazes at the stars. Soon later, she hears people talking from the stairs. She recognises Dad' s voice and his girlfriend's.

"Kathy, I need to talk to you," Dad said seriously.

Kathy giggled and Mum rolled her eyes. She knew Dad's tone. He wasn't going to tell her anything good.

"Kathy, I saw you and John kissing and doing other stuff. I know you are cheating. I brought you here so I didn't humiliate you, even though you deserve it. I suggest you tell Lily. "

"Are you breaking up with me?" Kathy asked with a whiny voice.

"Yes," Dad said. Mum heard Kathy sob and run down the stairs. Mum was impressed. Dad handled that not so arrogantly.
Nevertheless, she found tears falling down her face. She missed her parents. Petunia blamed their deaths on her. And Mum felt more alone than ever.

"How much of that did you hear?" Dad said from behind her. She jumped slightly.

"All of it. I already...I already knew...I was hoping he would tell me." Lily said, sobbing slightly. James noticed and sat down next to her. He pulled her head on his shoulder.

"What's wrong Lily Flower? You've been acting weird lately." James said, sincerely.

Lily glanced at him and realise he truly was worried about her. He probably never stopped loving her.

"Well, a few weeks ago I got a letter from the Ministry. My-" Lily sobbed. James got the picture and spoke up

"Lils, were your parents killed?" He asked slowly. She nodded and snuggled into James' s embrace.

"James, I just feel so alone. John hasn't realised something's up and doesn't talk with me as much. Sirius has been avoiding me because he thinks I'm mad at him about his parents."

"His parents? Why-" James asked.

"James. They were the ones who killed my parents."Lily said.

"Oh," James said and sighed.

"And I feel like Remus is mad at me and I have no clue why. I'm pretty sure Marlene thinks I'm keeping a huge secret from her and I can't bring myself to tell her and she's not talking to me. And I desperately miss Frank and Alice because I can tell them practically anything." Lily said finishing her rant. James hugged her and turned her towards him.

"Listen to me carefully, Lily Evans. You can tell me anything in the world. You know that right? Am I the only one besides your sister who knows?"

"Yeah. And it felt amazing to tell someone. You must think I'm a wimp." she said and covered her face.